Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Stock Cd Player Woes

Old 02-05-2007, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Firstly, I know what your thinking. Huh, whazahell is this, Hamhead, posting in the ICE Forum? He must be riding the white pony.

But no, thats not the case. I'm having some issues with the stock CD player. For some reason, it starts skipping and making odd noises once the tracks get up to around 12 or so. This started occuring once I put this CD player in this car (The one that came with this car was getting stuck "on" when the key was off and draining my battery), but not immediately afterwards.

Is there something in the wiring that would cause me this aggrivation? Its not the CD itself, it works in everything else I put it in, unless the car doesn't like the types of CD I'm burning with. Would there be some sort of wiring that would do this?

My old CD player that is stuck "on" doesn't do this, I might take that apart and figure out why.

I hate electronics.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:03 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

sometimes the lazer can become "uncallabrated" theres a screw to adjust the distand from the cd, its probibly loose.
to fix it just open it up and tighten it a little, test, repeat until the screw is tight
really depends on the quallity some arnt adjustable, it could be somthing else too who knows...
Old 02-05-2007, 09:46 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=20415&hl=

Problem solved. wink1.gif laugh.gif wink1.gif
Old 02-05-2007, 10:00 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

QUOTE (Mr. Muffin @ Feb 5 2007, 11:03 AM)
sometimes the lazer can become "uncallabrated" theres a screw to adjust the distand from the cd, its probibly loose.
to fix it just open it up and tighten it a little, test, repeat until the screw is tight
really depends on the quallity some arnt adjustable, it could be somthing else too who knows...

"Tweaking the pot" is a technique that will work if there are read problems across the entire disk. That should only be performed by a qualified service technician. I would not attempt it without the proper service literature. It also dosn't sound like the laser is out of cal.

This is either a bit problem... like your CD player isn't receiving binary digits 1100( 12 in decimal) for some reason, or your head screw isn't allowing the head to move across the entire CD.

Most likely your problem is on the head screw. it's basicaly a piece of all-thread that the head moves back and forth across. You should clean it with alcohol and relubricate it with either silicone lube or white lithium grease.

Is this on all disks or just one? If you can get another disk to play all the way through in your CD player, then you might just want to try inserting a cleaning disk. Try a couple of them, If not, then disassemble and clean the moving parts with alcohol and relube. Also clean the read head with alcohol LIGHTLY!!!!!!

at the center of the disk is located a track table that says in numbers where each track starts. When you select a track, the deck will look at the track table and figure out where on the disk the track is located. It's a number like 42012 or something and it's binary of course. Each miniature line on the CD is labled by number. The laser will sweep across the data and locate that number. If it finds a number lower it keeps going, if it finds a number higher it goes back. If cleaning does not solve the problem, then it's a memory issue.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:10 AM

^^ Only tried two discs that I've burned. The problem gets worse the higher the track number is (I.e, Track #13 messes up every minute or so maybe, but track #20 glitches more often).
Old 02-05-2007, 02:09 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

try the things i told you to do. attempt a cleaning CD first.

it's the least invasive method, but probly not likely to solve the problem.

Also, try burning your CDs slower. When your CD is spinning in the burning drive, the outside (higher number tracks) spins faster then the inside. It might just help.

A half/burnt CD will not read in some CD players. Even poorly burned CDs will read in high quality CD players. You may be burning the CD in a way that your CD player can't recognize it. With the addition of the fact that this is a BURNED CD, it becomes more likely that your problem is acutally the disk and not the player.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:52 PM

Yea I'll run a cleaning CD through there and see how it helps. I figured it was most likely an issue on my end with the type of/how I was burning the CD.