Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Stereo Removal 2001 Tiburon

Old 02-11-2008, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

Oh god i hope sum1 can help, i brought a black 2001 tiburon and i love it cool.gif i want to mod it all up nice but fell at the 1st hurdle! I cant for the life of me find out how to remove the standard stereo. I cant see any where how to get to it

any help greatly appreciated

THANKS

p.s. ive had a look around on the posts, if im being a tard please tell me and ill search more but i couldnt see posts relating to my interior
Old 02-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Here is a diy for speakers and stereo removal:

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...4&hl=stereo

The plastic that surrounds the shifter and the stereo pop on/ off with clips and there are 4 screws holding the stereo in.
The DIY goes into it in more detail but if you have any problems or another question about it just ask.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Look in our Do It Yourself section. I'm sure it's in there somewhere

I'm feeling generous so I'll help:

1. Take off the shifter surround. It just pops upward, held in by snaps (no screws). Be careful, I broke mine the first time I pulled it off. Just be gentle.

2. Make sure the car is off, but if you drive an automatic, slide the gear shift into the lowest position and put the e-brake on and keep your foot on the brake. Pull the radio surround away from the dash (again, it just snaps in and out). Your ash tray may need to be open to get it completely away from the dash. Also notice that there's a wire connected to the cigarette lighter -- you can either unplug it or just put the radio surround in the passenger floorboard.

3. There will be screws in all four corners holding the radio in. Just unscrew them and your radio will slide towards you.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Now to be extra helpful. In the search box using quotes will help you.

In the search box type "stereo install" and you will be presented with this list of uber friendly material to wade through.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?act=Sea...ereo+install%5C

If you just type in say brake swap without quotes you will get in return every post with the word brake and every post with the word swap.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:14 PM

fing02.gif thank you all smile.gif thats really helpful! originally i tried to unscrew the alan keys around the suround sad.gif then realised these were fake screws and made of plastic in turn totally messing up my surround but at least i can sort my stereo out now laugh.gif thanks again guys!!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:10 PM

This should fix your shifter surround as well.
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=25062&hl=

fing02.gif
Old 02-11-2008, 07:27 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (doom_ut2 @ Feb 11 2008, 04:14 PM)
fing02.gif thank you all smile.gif thats really helpful! originally i tried to unscrew the alan keys around the suround sad.gif then realised these were fake screws and made of plastic in turn totally messing up my surround but at least i can sort my stereo out now laugh.gif thanks again guys!!

Dude, I did that when I first got the car... Now I have real allen screws there now that I have a billet aluminum shifter ring laugh.gif
Old 02-13-2008, 01:21 PM

Hi Guys,

Im attaching a picture of my gear surround, is this the same one you guys have given me the info on? as it aint popping out 02.gif

Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM

this is the easiest part of changing the stereo man, just slide your flatest screwdriver underneath the black trim and pop it out. You might want to take your shift knob off first tho
Old 02-13-2008, 06:18 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Don't do that! that will scratch stuff up. You just grab on either side of the ring and pull up. Put your thumbs down into the shifter boot.