Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Steering Wheel (Tilt)

Old 01-03-2002, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel (Tilt)

Well, after 6 months with this car I have to say the one thing that bothers me is the tilt "feature" in the Tibby. Its fairly worthless. Unless you are 5'7 you aren't just going to hop right in. Sorry if this is more of a flame but I do have a question, just a sec.

Anyways, What can I do if anything? I'd like to either be able to adjust it more, or have some custom work done for the little "Electric tilt up when door opens, and tilt down when closes" thingy. Just wondering if anyone has done this work yet and what are the pitfalls to watch out for. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 01-04-2002, 12:07 AM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

I'll tell you what is weird about the steering tilt on the tib...its crap with the steering column trim on! I know that sounds strange!

What I discovered one day, when I had the dash off (one of about 400 times) was that the steering column will tilt up further with the dash off, so what I did was tilt it all the way up before putting the dash on.

I think, that once the dash is on and you tilt down, then you can still tilt all the way up to the new maximum.

I hope that made some kind of sense!
Old 01-04-2002, 12:09 AM

That sounds very odd.

May have to at least try that out before doing something drastic.