Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Steering Wheel Came In Today

Old 07-20-2005, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (tibby01 @ Jul 19 2005, 10:50 PM)
looks really nice mad.

why did you decide on the red stitching? with your interior color, i would think plain white would look better. the red might look out of place.

when I repaint this fall.. it is going to an Audi dark gray (I think only the TT) comes in this.. Dolphin gray?) it is only a pearl, not a metallic. When I do this, the dash, seats, and other little parts are going from black/gray/bronze to black and red.

Again, this is similar to what audo does with their S series cars.. except in red instead of blue
Old 07-20-2005, 08:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Put yourself in this scenario. Your airbag goes off for some unknown reason. You don't have a warranty to cover it. So what are you gonna do, go immediately spend $500+ to fix it? How can the state force you to fix something so expensive that you may never need?

I highly doubt it's a federal law to "replace" them. 99% of laws are made by the states and cities. That's how our government has been set up from the start.

I think the federal law for airbags is more like the "matress tag law".
Old 07-20-2005, 09:45 AM

again, I looked up the law.. Federal law only states that a working airbag cannot be removed or disabled by a shop without written approval from National Highway Traffic and Safety Board.

They defer to the states when it comes to replacing an airbag that has gone off. Some states (few, like Utah) require than the airbag be replaced. Most do not.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:22 AM

Can you give us the site so we can check our states?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:28 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

redz

im not finding any laws pertaining to new mexico...

my airbags are dead
both of them are when i got into my accident the check airbag light came on a few months down the road i got it scanned at work and they told me they were dead and needed replacement

i couldnt afford 1200 so i just left the airbag light on

i think i need to look into this more....maybe i can get a grant wheel or somethin lol a knock off momo maybe
Old 07-21-2005, 03:10 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

^^^ get that thing that fools AIRBAG SYSTEM so that thinks there are working airbags. So inspection will not see that you don't have airbags.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:20 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

unfortunetely dimitry, I think the momo or grant steering wheel will give it away....LOL.

Mad, I'm in the market for an aftermarket wheel and wanted to know what made this 300AUS dollar wheel better than any eBay momo-hub friendly, leather-wrapped wheel for half (well, I don't really know the conversion but they're like 60-75 dollars USD).

Also, what'd you do about your airbag light. Is it hard to go the soldering route and make it a closed circuit? I think removing the bulb is easier imo since I can get behind the cluster in under 5minutes.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:51 AM

I can't do a thing until the adaptor hub comes in, so you are going to have to wait to find out about all that.

As for why momo? I have owned many of their products over the years and they hold up extreamly well. Unlike the cheaper knockoffs, Momo puts a lot of quality into their work. They do supply a lot of the high end Italian car builders (and the low end too!) with steering wheels and the like.

The Momo wheel on my spider is 30 years old... the silver paint is worn off in spots, but the padded rim is still securely attached to the metal.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:17 AM

I like Sparco. dunno.gif
Old 07-21-2005, 07:03 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

What about the wheel off the South American Tibs? I believe they are bagless.