Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Starting An Audio System

Old 09-26-2006, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just purchased a 98 tiburon fx, and am looking for a 500$- sound system to install. Something good, lots of woofer power. But I have no clue where to start or what's good? Could someone lend some advice plz?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:29 PM

for 500 you wont get a whole system

id say get a good head unit and rear speakers(6x9) a good set will sound great. if you have any money left over get new front speakers too
Old 09-26-2006, 02:19 PM
MKE

you could get a decent used system for 500, but new- with headunit and everything your going to be spending almost twice that much.

and on the 6x9's/stock speakers, i found the lightning audio ones to be actually decent, and hold there own against the other ones. (99$> ones) plus, that's a cheap way to start.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:49 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

For $600 not installed, you could get a new 1400W Sony Xplod speaker and amp. You'd have to install it and build your own box.

This amp

This Speaker

For $500, your best bet would be to try E-Bay and make sure you have someone who knows sterios with you.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:57 PM

Hmm..IMO the best way to start is a good amp..i would preffer a good amp than a good head unit. Think about how much power you want, cos if you get too much u wont be able to hear music, you would only hear the duf duf..If you want something cheap, maybe look for some deals, sometimes you can get really cheap stuff..Ive got a Pioneer 800W sub 12", Sony Xplod head and front speakers, 6x9"s, and stock tweaters. Sounds really good and not too much bass (ive even turned it down so its less wink1.gif). For the head unit the only thing you should deff get is that it has to have a Bass Control built in it, this way you will be able to control how much base you want your sub to put out.

Prob the easiest way to do this stuff is go to a few different shops, talk to the guys there and see what they say. Dont stick wit one shop, have a look at a few. If you do this you can say "ohh but i saw this thing in some other shop for 50$ less" and they most likely will drop the price. I think they would better sell it and make maybe less money than they planned, but its deff better than having it sittin in stock wit no interest.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

www.elementaldesigns.com has great package deals
Old 09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
DTN

if you set your price goals after one visit, and then keep comming back and be adamant about price, just look around the store and keep bothering them, you'll eventually work them down.

It worked for me at least.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

the place you start is get an amp for your 500 bucks and then wait and peice the rest together.

DONT BUY BULLSHIT!!!!!

when u buy a 20 dollar speaker its gonna sound and last like a 20 dollar speaker.
when u spend 100 bucks on some speakers they will sound like 100 dollar speakers.

now this dosent mean that a 60 dollar speaker wouldnt sound good. it just probably wont last very long if u pound em all day. i would assume that if your worried about what to spend your money on then u want i nice system that will pound for years to come.

when u look for subs you want to try to match subs to the amp that you perchased before. i would even try to underpower the subs a little so that you dont have to worry about blownin em.

monoxide i know has somethin to add to this, that ninja has had a massive amount of systems
Old 09-26-2006, 08:25 PM
DTN

He's competely right, except for 1 thing. The stock double din radio in the tib has KICK ASS SOUND QUALITY change that out last if possible. You don't have to pay a dime for that.

It's possible to get a good deal on a $500 sound system... wierder things have happened.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

QUOTE (matmag89 @ Sep 26 2006, 10:10 PM)
WTF, When I read that for some reason it just made me laugh soo hard. lol.

I dont really any girls that can shift at all...

i have only maybe 600 in my system look in my garage for my shit. but that cause ima hustla and i have skills like that. you better not spend that money foolishly, actually dud i have a nice 700watt amp sittin in the garage its yours for like 60+shiping(maybe like 10 bucks?? its not that heavy) i'm not using it cause as u see in the sig my shit is killing that 700watt, if u want man i'll find u some speakers too.