Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Speaking of Shift Knobs..

Old 07-07-2001, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaking of Shift Knobs..

Hey everyone,

I tried doing a search for this but it didn't really help me out...so I apologize ahead of time if this question has been asked 5billion times before....(oh wait this isnt fxtreme lol Im just kidding!!!) tongue.gif

Anyway....I was just wondering if you guys know where I can get a nice shift knob for automatic transmission for the Tib (01) (I know auto sucks..but shh sad.gif )

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks people wink.gif
Daniela
Old 07-07-2001, 12:27 PM

Any of your local rice shops should have them. But Shark Racing might be carrying some soon...ask Sam.
Old 07-07-2001, 01:33 PM

Dani,
Try Momos' web sit I beleive it's www.momo.com That's where I got mine. They aren't cheap but you don't get junk either like those 14.99 jobbers at Wal-Mart you get a "Fine Italian Product" (made in china rolleyes.gif ) Hope that helps but why do you want a shift knob you car already possesses the best mod you . Hope that helps
Old 07-08-2001, 08:48 AM

i don't know if the tib has an overdrive button or not, but if it does, then it may possibly run into the problem that i had. most of the aftermarket A/T w/OD shifters use two wires for the electronics (as far as i was able to see and on my RAZO), and hyundais use three wires (at least my 96 elantra does). if you choose to use a shifter with two wires, the shop will have to leave OD on or leave it off, permanently. unless you find a nice shifter meant for the hyundai, then this may be what will happen. well my 2 pennies...