Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

sound troubles

Old 12-15-2004, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For the ass lovers!!!

OK please help me...I'm a total blonde, in every sense of the word, when it comes to cars. Nothing against any of the ladies in here; I think it is totally awesome you know about cars, but I for one am clueless. My baby is a black 2000 Tiburon

:? I'm beginning to give up hope because I have no idea what I'm doing. See I have a few guy friends who talked me into buying this awesome 700 watt alpine amp for $150. It's in almost perfect condition (was in an accident, but survived). My uncle resently gave me his 12" subs (bazooka's I think) and told me to get the wiring kit and box and I was ready to get in installed. My deck is a 180w JVC KD-S590.

Question time:
-Will the subs be alright with that amp?
-If those subs will go with that amp Will I need to buy a new deck, or will mine be ok and hold up?
-Well I already know that my factory speakers in my car won't hold up to the power of a 700 watt amp, but what size are the ones in there now, and what kind/size should I get to match that 700 watt amp?
-And finally (relating nothing to this topic), will purple underbody lights look ok with a black Tiburon (keep in mind I'm female, looking like chic's car is ok by me)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and relieve a lot of stress...Thank you to all that reply!!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: For the ass lovers!!!

we need model numbers for the subs and amp.

the deck will be fine, as it really has nothing to do with the subs except for sending a signal. i checked out that deck you have, and you will want to use the only set of pre-amp outputs you have hanging off the back of it. they are the wires that have little plugs on the end of them.

you wont wanna hook up the speakers in the car now to the amp, unless you want to spend money on new speakers too.

get those model numbers and i can help you out more.

did you put in your deck?
Old 12-15-2004, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: ENgine oil grade.

Welcome to the site! We can use more chick members, and check out the female pic thread. By the way, yes Purple looks great on Black. So does green. A guy here in town has a black rustang with purple underbody and it looks sweet. My recommendation on your stereo, take it to Curcuit City. They will help you out with compatability and will install YOUR parts for typically $75 labor plus parts/wires/connectors/etc.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Custom Plexiglass Spare Tire-well cover

Ok I was wrong on the brand of subs their not bazooka or w/e they are RFZ1812 ROCKFORD 12"", PUNCH WOOFER 8 OHM. And my amp is a 700 Watt Alpine MRPM350.

My deck is not in yet, I still have the factory deck in there, which really sucks because it skips like no other. I waiting to put my JVC in because the place that put it in my other car (Yellig radio) is all booked up because of the Christmas season.

[you wont wanna hook up the speakers in the car now to the amp, unless you want to spend money on new speakers too. ]

By that are you meaning just have the amp hooked up to the subs and not the car factory speakers as well? Can you do that? Will the speakers in my car not play at all then or what happens then? oops.gif OK dont laugh, I know I'm not car smart....(sorry)

Thanks 4 the help!![/quote]
Old 12-19-2004, 02:43 PM

Default Re: gas milage rapidly deteriorating

First off, the amp only puts out 350 watts. The 700 is the maximum power output, which is pretty much a meaningless number.

Second, the amp is Class D, and only one channel. This means you can only use it for a sub, so don't try hooking it up to your regular speakers. You'll need another amp if you want to do that.

Third, that sub is 8 ohms, which means it would only be getting around 100W of power from that amp. That is pretty weak, and I doubt you would be happy with that amount of bass. Try to find a sub with a 350W rms power rating, that is either 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm.

Fourth, I just looked and you can get those amps on ebay for $135 brand new. So your friend isn't giving you such a great deal.

And welcome to the forum!
Old 12-19-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: OEM ECU for tib(can be broken or good)

Well spiceflow I thank you for your help, but the price you found on that amp was the "lowest price" not the price it is brand new. Most of the other price rates I found on it were around $150-$200. The guy at circuit city told me that the amp was a pretty good deal and was worth what I am wanting it for, so I don't know.

And the subs were kind of well free so I'm not to concerned about how weak they are just yet. Right now I just want a little bass until I have enough money to go all out for my baby.

After I had my car checked out by a few people I realize how much tlc work (dents, dings, and misc.) needs to be done before I can go all out on making my car awesome and put it in show. That's why I'm not overly concerned about the subs and amp together, as long as it works I'm ok for now.

But thank you for the welcome and help.