Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Something is wrong with my new deck! Help!

Old 12-04-2002, 05:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something is wrong with my new deck! Help!

I just installed my Rockford Fosgate RFX9000 deck this morning, and when I turn up the volume past 10 (out of 40 I think), the CD stops playing for 10-15 seconds, backs up a second or so, then starts playing and immediately stops and repeats this. Is my deck not receiving enough power, should I resolder the connection? Or is the deck's internal amp not powerful enough? I have a stock 2000 Tiburon, so the speakers don't draw that much power I don't think. What could be wrong?
Old 12-04-2002, 06:44 AM

The problem sounds like the deck itself.What you describe doesn't sound like a power problem.

Set up a return with where ever you bought it and try another one.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:48 AM

Yeah the RFX isnt good enough,
you need the RFX9400 for sale
that's my old cd player...
It sounds like a problem with the cd player. Does the radio and everything else work fine?
Old 12-04-2002, 01:54 PM

maybe its the ground. does the deck dom at all before it shuts off?
Old 12-05-2002, 06:28 AM

Somebody over at hyundaiperformance.com said I might have my power wires switched, so when I turn up the volume too much it draws to much power and the voltage drops. I guess this makes sense because when I turn on the headlights it turns off, and when I shut off the car the deck lights stay on. You think this might be right?
Old 12-05-2002, 06:37 AM

Alacritan:
Somebody over at hyundaiperformance.com said I might have my power wires switched, so when I turn up the volume too much it draws to much power and the voltage drops. I guess this makes sense because when I turn on the headlights it turns off, and when I shut off the car the deck lights stay on. You think this might be right?
What do you mean "it" turns off with the head lights on?? The stereo turns off?Or just the lighting for the stereo?

If the deck lights stay on when you take the key out,That means you have the ignition 12v connected to the continous 12v input to the deck,and the continous 12v is connected to the ignition input of the deck.

This will cause the lighting to stay on all the time.Also,you should notice that your station presets and other memory functions are always lost.To put that another way,every time you turn the stereo on,you have to reset the radio stations,bass,trebble,time,etc.Am I right??

You need to switch those 2 wires around!!
Old 12-05-2002, 06:39 AM

Did you use a wiring harness adapter?? Or did you connect the RF harness straight to the factory harness?
Old 12-05-2002, 08:26 AM

think what there getting at is,,take the ground wire off the illumination wire,and ground it to earth,,everything should be fine
Old 12-05-2002, 09:05 AM

What are you talking about????

(A)There's no such thing as earth ground in an automobile electrical system,and
(b)If you wired the illumination wire to ground you'd have a short circuit.

I'm sure his problem is that the continous 12volts and ignition 12 volts are swapped.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:15 AM

(b)If you wired the illumination wire to ground you'd have a short circuit.
Okay.I re-read this and I'm wrong. It wouldn't be a short cause there's no power on the hu's illumination wire.My bad!!

But,I still don't see how grounding the hu's illum wire would cause the problem he's explaining.Has to be the swap in continous 12v and ignition 12v.