Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Sirrus radior or not

Old 09-14-2001, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirrus radior or not

Im not really sure if this belongs here or not, but anyways im comparing two cd players and trying to figure out which one is a better investment. The kenwood MP8017 or the z828...both are pretty much the same in that they can play mp3's off cd-r the one main difference is that the z828 has the new XM/Sirrus radio and i a few other features. The z828 is ~100 bux more then the mp8017. An additional note is that XM radio has a monthly rate of 19.99 or something rather close to that figure...well plz share your opinions. tnx
Old 09-14-2001, 06:48 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Accent

I'd get the Z828 myself, that player is awesome, I got the 919 when it first came out and now I wish I would have waited for the 828, not only is it MP3 capable, but I believe it supports ID3 tags, and like you said satillite radio, which is optional, not to mention it looks awesome.
Old 09-14-2001, 02:13 PM

Well jsu a note it's either on or the other the kenwood carries cirruss satellite coverage and is $9.99 a month for service plus additional parts. But just like the satellite for TV their are ways to go around paying for the service I have the Alpine with XM service had it for about 7 mnths now and haven't paid yet just do a serch on the web. But go for the 828 but be forwarned now that Kenwood has gone with the mask + detachable they are breaking more I see the returns at CC everyday well not every day but you get my drift.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:00 AM

Hey jaws how do you get around the fees? I've searched the web but found nothing maybe you could give me the site please.
Old 09-17-2001, 01:44 PM

Well the web site to us is really not there the reason I told you to search is that I have no idea where it is. Now don't think I was misleading there is a chip/card that gets programmed and you take that to someone who pirates the dish cards and they program them. The reason I said look on the web is there is somewhere the directions on how to do this I will try to get it from my guy but the first time he was a little reluctant (I guess job security issues). So sorry it sounded misleading but it is outthere somewhere I just don't know where.