Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Seats? Opinions and questions...

Old 08-28-2003, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

With all the hubabaloo lately about aftermarket seats (See the Neo debacle with his seats on HA.com to get my drift), I'd like to know what folks have installed in their cars for aftermarket seats.

Here's the info...

1. What seat?

2. Where/how did you mount them?

3. How tall are you?

4. How comfy?

I've been whoring thru Ebay but have no idea what to look for if I was really going to get some, and I've found some names I've never heard of at rediculously low prices.

IE:

1. Axe Racing

2. Speedracer (Liteglow)

3. APC (Are they any good seats?)

You can get a pair of some of these for under 300 or 200 bucks.

Opinions?

(THIS TOPIC WILL BE STICKY FOR AWHILE SO I CAN GET SOME ANSWERS)
Old 09-10-2003, 06:26 AM

Has anybody looked at the recaros that are suddenly all over eBay? Supposedly they are the same style as the Evo8 but I cannot find them on Recaro's site. They look real nice too, I think they would look good in my tib without being too racy or ricey.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Seems like most of the Recaros on ebay are the phone holders. lol.gif Or, when you open the auction, they are "RECARO Style" seats.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:20 PM

yea... I just went through the auction with a fine comb... I saw what you are talking about. "Recaro Evo 8 Style" seats.. Made me think they were recaro seats that were modeled after the Evo 8's seats.. not seats that were modeled after the recaro's in the Evo 8. Still not a bad looking seat, but not being a real recaro, I have to wonder about fitment and comfort.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:06 AM

i think i am going with the tenzo type r's. i sat in them the other day and i fell in love.

i am 6" 4" and about 180 and they were very comfy not to mention i kinda like the way they look in person. i didnt like the way they looked in a picture but they look way better in person.

e-bay has those also, under 500 for both with universal sliders.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:35 PM

The shop I go to had a pair of APC seats, and a set of Momo seats. I sat in both seats. The APC seats were not bad at all. I am 6' tall and 155lbs, the seats didn't fit me very snug, but they were comfortable. The Momo seats fit me a lot better and had better support. But they were almost twice as much money. I guess it is going to come down to how much they wear, and how they are built. If I could get the APC logo taken off the seats I might pick up a pair off them if the price is right. If anyone has checked out any seats lately post up.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

hm... 6' and 155lbs... I'm still trying to imagine how that's possible shock.gif
Old 12-02-2003, 08:18 PM

hah, yeah, I am skinny, and I can eat all I want and not gain a pound. wonderful isn't it.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:28 PM

seats are tough you judge ......the best quality seat my not hold you right or give you what you are looking for where as the cheapest may.....I am planning on getting new seats for my tib in the spring...however the place i am getting them at has seats in stock to try out..I am 6'1 150ish and I have found a few seat i like so far...just have to make a choice...hopefully it will be a aforadable one, I try to look at th seat before the price so I am not influenced to get the cheeper one.