Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Scratched My Leather...@$#@!

Old 05-17-2006, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just moved this weekend and made the mistake of putting my DVR on the front passenger leather seat.

Today, when I picked it up, I noticed a couple of scuff marks where the corner rubbed against the leather. It's cut through the top layer. Fortunately, these are the RD2 Two tone seats and the cuts are on the grey and not the black.

Is there anything I can do to repair the seat? I have alot of protectant and cleaner but I doubt that will do anything.

02.gif
Old 05-17-2006, 09:36 AM

There are leather repair kits...I don't know 100% for sure who would have it, but I think if you went to a Walmart or Home Depot type place and ask that they might have it or know who would. It's basically a paste that you can mix up to match your color as best as possible, apply to the cut area and it dries all better.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I've heard of that stuff. Can't remeber what the name of it is though.....I think you put this textured piece of plastic or something, on the mixture so it gives that leather grain look to match. Let us know if and where you find it.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

sorry to drift sorta OT, but on the topic of leather seats, anyone know how to get blue pen off of it? seem to have 2 lines on the grey part, someone must of had a pen in there pocket sad.gif