Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

SBLeds.com ?

Old 06-14-2004, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to switch from incandescents to LEDS for my dome and trunk lights....anybody know what size(s) I need???

Sorry I dont have a metric ruler otherwise i'd just measure them.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm

THX
Old 06-14-2004, 09:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, I did it.

For all of the lights you listed you need the 3022's, get them with the most LED's you can. You'll love them, bright, and NO HEAT at all. If they don't light up when you install them, take them back out and flip them 180 degrees.

They will be a bit different shaped than the ones in the Dome, but they fit and work.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:26 AM

thanks REDZ, those are the only regular (non-LED) lights left in my tib.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:48 AM

I'm about to get some of those multidirectional ones for my taillights and such.

You have any issues with them not blinking correctly?
Old 06-14-2004, 10:30 AM

no not really.... i do have one of them that after about 2 months doesn't light up when i hit my brakes (Drivers side) i think it may be a contact issue, and im going to check that this afternoon.

the 24 led lights look tons better than the wide angle 19 led ones i had in earlier.......i know you have altezza's, and they light up much more of the reflector area, almost look like normal incandescent bulbs (of course, thats what they we designed to look like)

By blinking correctly, what do you mean???? mine blink fast as hell, but i've gotten used to it (i dont think i could get used to them blinking at the "normal" speed again), and i know that all of the turn signals work (can see them when trucks and such pull up behind me, thats one great thing about chrome)

Right now my only beef is w/ the altezza's...b/c they dont aim the bulbs sockets straight back (Im sure you noticed this, but it makes a huge difference w/ LEDS as opposed to regular bulbs...) i had 2 of the 3 leds units in my stock tails and they were great...(catz red 12 led turn, sbled 19 led narrow white for rev) bright as hell for both of them....the turn still is b/c thats actually aimed straight out the back of the altezza's, but the reverse light is aimed up, so it doesn't produce quite as dramatic effect, but is still clrealy visible when in reverse, but that should be a bonus as far as heat is concerned, having a normal bulb in there like that has to do some warping of the plastic over time.

Im not using the 24 led 1157's in front b/c of my clear corners....im still using the narrow angle 19 leds. just my personal preference. (but i dont have a pair of the amber 24 leds, just not using em now)

What I really want to do is to take some pics w/ red leds in front (not legal I know) just for use as my avatar. 'course, i can't do that til i get my digicam fixed :-(

SIDE NOTE : did you end up getting the AOS Rev. indiglo gauges???? I hope so, you'll be very pleased w/ them. (after thinking about it some, the blue will be a very close match to your dash paint, at certain times during the day) wink.gif

IF the blinking is an issue for you go to www.superluminations.com and get the resisters they have. They have some that you only have to put one pair in line instead of 2 pr like the ones at SBled.com
Old 06-14-2004, 10:40 AM

I'm prolly gonna get them gauges in a bit, it'll be a month or 2 at least. The blinking isn't really an issue, I just wanted to make sure that they did BLINK.

So, what are your suggestions for going all LED in the back? What bulbs in what spots for the best light?>
Old 06-14-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Need A Show Stopper of a Tiburon @ The Fire Meet?

Good to hear about the gauges....and I know you have a kit and a couple of other things on your plate to deal w/.....but trust me, they will look awesome w/ your int. paint scheme.

well REDZ, you dont have too much choice other than rewiring those sections (both 1156's can only be used in each ones respective hole, different stubs on the connector).

BUT : heres how mines set up..

1157 24 RED Led for tail / brake (my problem is w/ the brake, not the tail, which is the basis for me thinking its a contact issue)
1156 19 WHITE Led for Reverse (narrow angle)
1156 12 RED Led for Turns (dont know the beam spread for it b/c its catz not SBLed.com, but i do plan on buying some RED 19 led narrow angle units for the turn w/ my next SBled Purchase)

RED rear turn signals are legal in my state.....but yours may be different....check 1st, b/c you may have to use amber, i dont know.....but the red/red combo looks really cool at night. When you get them in turn on your hazards and walk about 50 feet behind your car......

if anyone ever says they did NOT see you turn signals being on...tell them they are lying assholes and to go f*** themselves. ;-) I've never check from this far of a distance .....but im sure they'd be cleary visible at 1/2 mile, if not farther......not enough straight AND level roads here outside of DC to check that. But they ARE BRIGHT.

I've been thinking on how to get both the tails and reverse lights to aim straight back and you'd have to build some sort of shim / adapter to do it, but i dont have the design skills necessary to do it. b/c not only do you have to angle the tail/brake one vertically, but you have to do it horizontally too...the reverse one should be a bit simpler to do... and make much more of a difference. but if you could get the leds to directly hit the reflector (not the chrome, but the NON-clear red portion) section of the tail light it would make a huge difference in how they (both the LEDS and the Tailight housings in general) look.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:12 AM

What are you talking about rewiring?

I read somewhere that you shouldn't get colored LED's if you are using colored lenses. It dilutes the light. That it'd be MUCH brighter with just white led's and a colored lens.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:29 AM

rewiring....if you wanted to switch the 1156's around.....put your reverse lights in the lower hole.....that was something i was considering doing before i bought my altezza's simply switching the turns for reverse...... in a stock housing, making the smaller (chamber) be the turn not the reverse housing.

and no, REDZ you got that backwards.....you are SUPPOSED TO USE leds that MATCH the color of the lens. using other colors, the light just gets MORE Filtered by the lens. so really using red behind red is much more efficient (on top of the increases associated w/ leds in general)

Have you ever seen (HONDUHS) w/ altezzas that put super white normal bulbs in them??? it looks pink, if you have a pink paint job (which i Know you dont) or have soem particular liking for pink.....then go for it.

Personally i like they way that the RED leds look behind a red lens better than anything else, with my stock housings on i tried hyper/superwhite bulbs (not leds), amber, and red. i used both the amber and red of a while, amber made the housing have sort of a goldish red color when lit. the red bulbs behind the red lens produced a very dark( and not very bright) light that i loved.

if the TINY increase in brightness is really worth it to you then by all means get the 13.00 a peice white 24 leds units...... but trust me its not that much of a differnce and I think the pure red color produced by the red LEDS behind the Red lens looks much better....

ANd i have used some of my old (no longer used, 19 led wide angle) LEDS, all three colors, in the tails before deciding on RED. IMHO it just looks better.....but to each his own.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:08 PM

which ones will fit in the dome lights 3022 3022-2 or 3022-4? im confused they all look the same, whats the different between 2 Led and 4 Led. I just want a red bulb to go up in there and no get overheated or start to burn...