Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Santa Fe Stereo System

Old 04-21-2018, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2018 Santa Fe
Default Santa Fe Stereo System

Hello!

So my wife and I recently purchased a 2018 Santa Fe with the Turbo, though it has the small touch screen as opposed to the full 8' one that comes in the ultimate package.

My question is, if I found say a 2017 Santa Fe with the full display from a junk yard, would it be useable in my own 2018? We wanted the full display though the car was an additional $5000 and some which we weren't exactly willing to spend, as the one we picked up had all the other features we wanted for a better price.

Thank you in advance!
Old 04-23-2018, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It is possible that the electronics behind the panels are same-ish-enough that they swap out without any other changes. The place I would go for a more definite answer is hyundaitechinfo.com, but I don't have a subscription to the service. They have (had?) service manuals that you could compare. The other way to find out would be to take apart one of each model and see if all the connectors are the same.

It would surprise me a bit, but maybe you could find a Hyundai dealership service technician who would look up the information for you, possibly for a nominal fee or small number of beers.