Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Rvinyl Dash Kit

Old 10-27-2006, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.rvinyl.com/cart/store.php?crn=7...ion=show_detail

is what I purchasedfor my 1998 hyundai tiburon black, grey-black inside.Got vivid blue decal color.

Im wondering:

1. Does this product looknice? Afterfinished and properly applied it doesn'tlike terrible?

2. Hard to DIY?

3. Would it be better topaint or some other way? How much more expensive.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

They are easy to install, and look like ass.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned

easy to install, but look like crap.. looks like you just bought some stickers and slapped em on.. i woulda just painted the whole thing in a two tone if thats the look you were going for..
Old 10-27-2006, 03:01 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I painted mine. It's cheaper, more work, but looks better. Alot of people buy the vinyl stickers. I get compliments on my dash because I did it the "right way".

Try painting before the vinyls... I've seen it look good like that. Regardless of how you do it, they're going to look like vinyl stickers though.

To paint... sand down textured surfaces flat with 200 grit. sand down EVERY surface with 400 until you see black and smooth surfaces. Then sand with 800 grit until it almost shines. You then use paint prep/adhesion promoter on the plastic then a can of your favorite paint (and everything else mentioned in this post) from your favorite auto parts store, following directions, then use a can of clear coat for the shine.

Wait 3 days, use rubbing compound, then polishing compound, then wax.

If you do it right it can look like a professional job. Total cost ~$40-100 including supplies depending on how much paint you use and if you paint the door panels, kick panels and all the rest.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

I've done it both ways mang...

Cancel that order and take that money and go out and get yourself some paint, take the money that you will have left over and swing by Micky-D's and get yourself a Big Mack and some Fries. drillsergeant.gif

Trust me, you'll be much happier if you paint it dood, trust me. I had a blue carbon fiber dash kit. The fitment wasn't the greatest by no means, and some of the "stickiness" didn't last long at all... but it was really easy to install! tongue.gif