Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Reupholstering seats

Old 05-08-2017, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
Default Reupholstering seats

I'd really like to redo the seats in my 3.8 GT. I have the camel colored leather and to be honest, I hate it. It's already scuffed and getting worse. I'd really like to do a cloth upholstery (leather is crazy hot in the summer and cold in the winter (even though they're heated seats) and I'm sick of it) and I'm wondering if anyone has done it before or has a ballpark idea of cost to take it to someone to do. I saw these custom galaxy Bride seats and they looked incredible and that's kind of what I want to do. If it were up to me I'd just buy some new seats but everyone tells me to just reupholster the ones I have which seems like a much bigger pain in the ass but whatever. I'm going to start small by redoing the door panels in plain black cloth or neoprene. Any insight on any of this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
58208798.jpg (134.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-08-2017, 03:13 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburon

I've seen shops charge anywhere between $600 and $2000 to redo all of the seats. Cloth will definitely be cheaper than leather and same if you dont have any custom piping or stitching.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:49 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'm about to do this for my ultra rare leather RD1 seats from England/Scotland. They will also get repainted. But I live in Poland and am having this done professionally here. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It may be worth some effort to see if someone local to you is willing to trade their cloth seats for your leather (?)
Old 05-24-2017, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT

So no one likes the idea of me getting rid of the camel colored interior BUT luckily I found some incredibly gorgeous Braum tan leather racing seats that I think I'm going to buy and put in instead. I'll just live with the brown leather since everyone seems to love it so much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
download.jpg (5.2 KB, 1 views)