Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Rear Seatbelt Buckle

Old 01-21-2007, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

ok this is starting to piss me off like insanely, for like the last half a year i cant get one of my rear seatbelt buckle things to fold back down into the seat. i tried hitting it, twisting it, wedging it, swearing at it, pretty much everything short of taking apart my whole back seat, was gona do it when i was doing some work in the trunk and had it all down to metal and the back of the seats off but i totally forgot about it 02.gif

any way to fix it? or is it one of those go and replace the whole thing pieces
Old 01-21-2007, 10:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i suppose you could just take the springs out. cruddy way of doing it but do you really need them?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:48 AM

drillsergeant.gif Here is what you are going to do. You are going to go look at it and say "f*** you seat belt buckle!" Then it will magically fold down on it's own joke.gif ....Did you try the rubber hammer?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:56 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

it's only 1 bolt holding the rear seat in place... just pull it out and look at it. You can get to it with a socket and a 6" extension probly something jammed in the slider mechanisim.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:04 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

QUOTE (tibby01 @ Jan 21 2007, 12:33 PM)
i suppose you could just take the springs out. cruddy way of doing it but do you really need them?

not really that i need it but for when i do work in my trunk i have the rear seats down and with it sticking up it leaves a really bad imprint of it 02.gif

QUOTE (Bboyitim @ Jan 21 2007, 12:48 PM)
drillsergeant.gif Here is what you are going to do. You are going to go look at it and say "f*** you seat belt buckle!" Then it will magically fold down on it's own joke.gif ....Did you try the rubber hammer?

oh i've tried and with different verbal variations too lol, was thinking of hitting it but its plasticy right so didnt want to hit it to hard or ill break and then i aint fixing anything

and DTN what do you mean theres 1 bolt? i might of been doing it the long way, took the rear seats (folding part) off which is a few bolts/screws and then the metal bracket that holds the seats together and then the actual bottom parts of the seat
Old 01-21-2007, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

theres one bolt that holds down those actual buckles.