Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Random, Gauges install?

Old 05-31-2001, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random, Gauges install?

Hey man I know you said that you'd mail me when you got the install up and runnin' but I was just wondering how much longer? and if you have it done just not posted yet then can you e-mail me the pics and walk-thru? Thanks alot
Old 05-31-2001, 11:45 PM

Hey man....I posted the instructions a couple days ago here:gauge install

Hope it helps
Old 06-01-2001, 02:39 AM

Yeah that helps but I was hoping Randoms site would have pics and stuff like that to make sure I'm doing it the right way. like where you unplugg the computer and temp knob, I'm not a mechanic, and don't want to fÜck any thing up, ya know. but thanks
Old 06-05-2001, 01:39 AM

so Random any word yet on the site?
Old 06-05-2001, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

http://www.teamsr.org/installguide/gauge_i...tall/how_to.htm

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 06-06-2001, 05:50 AM

Still doesn't work but as far as the light goes I just took it out of the gauge holder so it's on but you just can't see it. Since the light is on does this mean my airbags are inop. Also my rear defrost doesn't work either at first you would push it down and the light would come on and then when the button came up it would go out I then took it to the dealership and they replaced the switch and now I don't even have a light when I push it down. Also one last thing ever since I puchased the car it never dings when you leave the lights on and I'm sure you can guess I have killed my battery this way 3 times and the dealership says it's not worth them to check for it is their an easy fix to this or should I press them to fix it. And last question is the computer the little silver box on the left hand side below where the radio sits. Thanks for all the help and sorry for all the questions. I just need to know where and what to do.
Old 06-06-2001, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Jaws99:
Still doesn't work but as far as the light goes I just took it out of the gauge holder so it's on but you just can't see it. Since the light is on does this mean my airbags are inop.
No..there is just an annoying light. The airbags will still work.

Also my rear defrost doesn't work either at first you would push it down and the light would come on and then when the button came up it would go out I then took it to the dealership and they replaced the switch and now I don't even have a light when I push it down.

It sounds like you have the wrong connector plugged in to the wrong socket. They are all color coded. There is a blue sticker for the blue connector, and a white sticker for the white connector and a yellow sticker for the yellow connector...

Check this photo

and thisphoto

Also one last thing ever since I puchased the car it never dings when you leave the lights on and I'm sure you can guess I have killed my battery this way 3 times and the dealership says it's not worth them to check for it is their an easy fix to this or should I press them to fix it. And last question is the computer the little silver box on the left hand side below where the radio sits. Thanks for all the help and sorry for all the questions. I just need to know where and what to do.

There is no "dinger" for the headlights. It only "dings" if you leave the key in the ignition. There is nothing to be fixed there.

I have the same problem. That silver box under and behind the radio is for the airbags, or the security system. I'm not sure which one you are talking about as the two are close together.

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 06-06-2001, 06:33 AM

Well as far as the light (for the air bags)goes I took it out of the gauge cluster, and I checked the colors too and they match up and still nothing. So what do you think? What can I do?
Old 06-06-2001, 06:35 AM

And the box I am talking about is the one closest to the front of the panel (dash piece)that hold the cup holders.
Old 06-06-2001, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

I just did some more HTML editing.

let me know if the links work for you now.