Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Radio Displays Er6

Old 02-15-2006, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received the stock tib head unit in the mail, used condition, but SOOOO much newer than my POS. I was happy, but when i put a cd in, it didn't read it it just put Er6 up on the display, and spit her back out. i tried a number of cd's with the same result. what do i do?! i think maybe reset the battery but i have nooo idea. i drive to berlin with my girlfriend which is like a good 7-9 hour drive depending on traffic, and i need my cd player to work. i drive friday early morning, if anyone can help me i'd reallllllly appreciate it!!!! Even if its a simple fix just reply or PM me, please!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:22 AM

Vehicle: 98 hyundai tiburon fx

mine does that if the cd is all scratched.. dont know man. are your cd's clean? and if they are did you try a cleaning disk for the laser lense in your cd player? dont know what else to tell u if you have already tried that.. oh and mine does that sometimes and i just have a fight with my cd player and keep putting it in til it stays in..
Old 02-15-2006, 01:58 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I think you need to clean the lens. I did it by cotton stick and some alcohol.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:53 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

search it, it's been discussed before. at the moment i can't remember what the fix is for it .. i've had an aftmerkat HU no wfor soo long that...yeah.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:06 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

AUDIO SYSTEM ERROR CODESERROR CODE
Er2
CD player mechanical error (loading error or eject error)
Reset the radio, then push the eject button. If CD ejects, the radio is OK. If not CD in unit, test with a fresh CD. If CD does not eject, allow to cool with the power removed for 10 minutes, then try again. If the CD will still not eject, repeals the radio.
Er3
Data read error, focus error
Usually caused by a scratched, dirty or otherwise damaged disc. Try with a clean, undamaged CD.
Er6
Disc error
Verify the disc load all the way into the radio. Can also be caused by a damaged disc (see Er3).
Er8
Tape deck eject error, tape deck error
Reset the radio, then eject the tape. Similar to Er2 for CD players.
HHH
Temperature too high
Allow the radio to cool. The fault code will reset automatically when the internal temperature drops.
no CD
No magazine in disc changer, or no disc in magazine
Inset disc into magazine, insert magazine into CD changer.

copied from HMASERVICE

I'd check for something lodged in the back of the thing. if you know what you're doing open it up, maybe some kid stuck a floppy disk in there or something.

Clean as follows:
Remove all screws you can get your paws on with a magnetic screw driver.... helps alot
Clean every surface with Isopropyl rubbing alcohol, q tips and pipe cleaners
lube every moving part with white lithium grease while you have it opened.
ensure you plug in all snap terminals
replace all screws.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:27 AM

i am gratefull for all of the fast detailed responses. sorry, didn't search first, just kind of panicked!!! (its a nice cd player thats stock!) i'll give all of it a shot, but one more question. how do i reset the cd player? because i reset the whole ecu and it didn't help
Old 02-15-2006, 06:56 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

I was having a similar error with my Clarion HU which came stock on the car. I was getting an error 3 or 6 which is supposed to be either a dirty or scratched CD or the CD was inserted upside down. Neither of these were true. I purchased a laser lens cleaning CD, ran it through twice which takes 20 seconds each time and the problem is gone. My CD's were not ejecting though so you may have other problems as well.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:19 AM

yeah thats a good idea, i'm going to drive to the px and get a laser lens cleaning cd to try that. the cd stays in there for about 20 seconds or so, then ejects and reads Er6, so maybe the packing peanuts, the styrofoam stuff, like got the lens dirty or something. hope it works, i'll keep you all updated, thanks
Old 02-15-2006, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

maybe lens are so dirty that you can not clean it with cleaning CD. I disassembled HU (2 din) and cleaned it, cause mine lens was extremely dirty.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

stock CD player has no reset. you can reset a tape by holding eject for 6 secconds. CD resets every time. It sounds like there's something lodged in there. open the fuxor up and clean it out, if you don't feel comfortable doing so, i'm an electroincs tech and i'd be happy to take it apart, clean it, and send it back for $5 + shipping