Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

quick question.. bass boost and gain setting...

Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '99 Accent
Default quick question.. bass boost and gain setting...

Everytime i set my gains i have everything on my HU set to 0 and my amps bass boost knob turned off (at 0).. now ive been reading posts and tutorials and some say to not have the bass boost on the amp on and others say to have it at max when setting ur gains.. can anybody shed some light on this? is it better to have ur amps bass boost knob maxed or off when setting gains?

And if it is better to have it maxed then do u leave it maxed? or turn it down or what? im confused about this lol. I dont see why u would want to do that.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

Have everything Zero mate.

Only thing i'd set is any low Pass Filters. Use the amp or your Head unit. If u have them on both. Then your Golden. Because u can adjust the one on the amp for subs. (low) Then head door speakers too Low/Medium. Because still nice to get a little low's on them just not a lot.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

The way I do and it has sound the best for me is just turn down the bass on your HU and amp. Then turn the volume up to where you like to listen to your music then turn your amp up to where you want it. If you want more bass from your door units turn it up a little on your radio but down some on your amp. If you want bass from your subs other then when the bass line on your songs is playing turn down for low pass filter. But don't qoute me I'm no pro lol.

My amp has all kind of things to set bass: levels, bass booster, low pass filter, subsonic filter, other stuff, with a bass controller I have in my middle console. I have the bass booster higher then the levels, haven't had any probs with the way I set it up so far.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Flipmatic you've got it right. Set all special effects and HU adjustments to nil and set gains, then you'll have the adjustments available if you want them on the fly. You can only turn it DOWN while driving if you've set the gains with (e.g.) bass boost UP.