Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Questions about idiot lights in instrument cluster

Old 01-16-2005, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Questions about idiot lights in instrument cluster

Ok, well I just got done my instrument cluster and I am really really happy with how it turned out.

Quick Pics (Its freakin cold out laugh.gif: ). I know there bad, I gotta mess with shutter speed and the cam does not show the true colors (its all crisp blue and crisp red). I dont know why the needles and the red leds show up orange with my cam, but they are definatly dark red cool.gif .

Cluster on dim (I can only drive with it like this).

Cluster on bright (Too bright to drive).

I have some issues that are yet to be resolved. As of now, I cant figure out how to fix them.

1) My Low Fuel light does not turn OFF.

2) The check engine light does go out but can still be seen dimly (thought it was light bleed, but it is not). Could this be some residual power that normally wouldn’t power an incandescent bulb but does show up with a LED?

3) My Airbag light looks like it stays on (upon further inspection, it does dim slightly when it *Should* go off). Yes, I did disconnect my battery each time AND if I put a regular bulb in, it works as normal.

If anyone else has the Air Bag problem, I wonder if its from the LED or if it really is a problem.

If anyone can guide me to correct these problems it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:28 PM

did we try resetting the ECU?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:34 PM

Why did you put in LED bulbs for your warning lights?? Seems like more trouble than it's worth...
Old 01-16-2005, 07:36 PM

considering they are warning bulbs and only turn on when serious sihts goin on u might wanna keep those stock in case of an emergancy.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:39 PM

you do realize led's take a very minimal amount of power to run. you most likely need to use some resistors so lower the amount of power going to it. they probally stay on from residual power, with the resistors that would be fixed. i could be wrong though????...

Seems like more trouble than it's worth...

i definally agree
Old 01-16-2005, 07:40 PM

/i agree, defiantly.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (bryce804)
you do realize led's take a very minimal amount of power to run. you most likely need to use some resistors so lower the amount of power going to it. they probally stay on from residual power, with the resistors that would be fixed. i could be wrong though????...

I'm not a master of LEDs but I'm aboug 80% sure this guy is right... they do take very little power to run, and probably should run a resistor on those specific ones. We can wait for the LED man to come by, he's got the warning lights wired up.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:54 PM

ya, u would get the best ansewr from Chris (Tibby01)
Old 01-16-2005, 07:54 PM

You disconnected the battery before removing your dash right??
oops, just read that you kinda did, but I think thats where your problem is with the airbag.
I could be wrong though
Old 01-16-2005, 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Casper)
Yes, I did disconnect my battery each time AND if I put a regular bulb in, it works as normal.

DUR!!!

READ TO SUCCEDE!!!!, lol, owned, lol, srry ive been needing to do some ownage today.

Edit: srry, that was before he edited saying he read it