Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Problems After Indiglo Gauge Install

Old 08-24-2001, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib
Default Problems After Indiglo Gauge Install

Welp, I got the indiglo gauges, and threw them into the Tib today. I must say, they look great (in my humble opinion), and I'm enjoying them thoroughly. Now, I don't know a ton about cars, which is probably why so much stuff didn't work when I was done. :-) First off, my blower doesn't work...I'm assuming that's because I may have forgotten to put a plug back in before I re-connected the paneling that goes in front of that. Number two is the speedometer..it seems as though the white face is too thick for the needle to adjust the speed smoothly. Anyone else have a similar problem? I'm not going to attempt to fix this...I think it should get better with time. I may do a little beating on my car to get the needle a workout. Lastly, the *real* problem. The left dome light doesn't turn on. It's not the bulb; I tried switching bulbs, and both bulbs work in the right dome light, but not in the left. Any ideas where to start my troubleshooting? Oh, lastly...just a curiosity question: I wired my guages into the fusebox for power. They are permanently on. If I have them on the lowest brightness setting, do you think this would ever wear out the battery? From what I understand, indiglow uses a very small amount of power, and I should be OK. If not, let me know! Hehe. Thanks again. wink.gif
Old 08-24-2001, 02:57 PM

read this for gauges: http://www.teamsr.org/installguide/gauge_i...tall/how_to.htm

Courtesy of Random
smile.gif
Old 08-24-2001, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Yes, your indiglo gauges will drain your battery over time. If anything, wire them to the tail lamp fuse. That way they will only come one when the lights are on!

The needle problem is a common one. The needle is press down too hard, so it "scrapes" as it moves around the dial. For some strange reason...80 to 90 mph is where mine kept sticking...once I loosened it a tad...not more problems.

The dome light...I have no clue. Even the bulb from the right one won't light up the left one? weird... Check for 12V power and see if the ground went bad, or vice versa with a multi-meter if you have one available. That is your best way to START troubleshooting it.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:06 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib

OK, I re-wired the gauges (to the radio fuse). As it turns out, they *were* wired to the tail lamps, but I guess there's always power running to those, since the gauges were on all the time. Now, it only goes on when I turn on the power in the car. Problem solved. On the other hand, the left dome light is still being funny. It came on last night, and now it will go on and off, and usually goes on when I hit it with my hand. It's kinda dim also. Possibly loose wiring? Anyways, thanks for all the help. ;-)
Old 08-26-2001, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Sounds like loose wiring or a loose connection in there.