Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

power supply for liteglow pedals???

Old 05-14-2004, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i got a set of pedals that lite up for $20 cdn and i wanna know the easiest place to hook the power up to. just as long as they turn off when the car is off thats all i care about. i know the fuse box is right there but i need to know how to hook it up.

thx redz got it.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default power supply for liteglow pedals???

PM'ed ya.

You can also run them from left to right and run the wires behind the center console, hook them up to the lighter plug wires.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default joe_the_canadian avatar

nice avatar, allthough i think it might be a little against the rules. wink.gif

you can shove the wire into the illuminations fuse slot, and then pinch it in with the fuse. if it doesnt light up and turn off with your illuminations, stick in the other slot of the fuse. then just find any good ground connection in the area to attach it to. maybe the dimmer switch ground, or a good screw on metal spot somewhere around the pedals.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:31 PM

when i had mine on (took them off... got tired of them), i wired them to an external/auxillary power supply. it's 12v and it's got it's own switch, as well as two integral fuses. it's also got 2 sets of red/black wire posts too. you can buy them at shucks or auto zone for under $20, and can wire other things into them as well. it's got a cigarette lighter outlet on it too. the unit itself is powered by your original cigarette lighter. you can mount it with velcro or screw that bish right in.

i love this thing, actually. the cool thing about it is your car doesn't have to be running to have shish work. i wired my gauges to it, so i can turn them on when it's not quite dark out without having my lights on. things like that, i'm sure you can use your imagination.

just a suggestion. if you want a more pro looking install with the standard running operation, i'd go with what tibby and redz said. i think the dimmer switch would be the easiest to hide wiring.