Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Painting Passenger Side Door

Old 07-26-2001, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Passenger Side Door

I want to paint my interior passenger side door like my driver's side, but I noticed the other side is made of a different material. Is it still possible to paint? How would I go about doing it so it would look as good as the drive's side?
Old 07-26-2001, 11:48 PM

i dunno cause i havent done it, but ive read almost all the posts and i think i understand the concept. basicly theres this leather dye you can buy to "stain" the leather. i also read something about having to "bleach" it to get it light enough for the new color to show. i seriously doubt anyone here has done this, if they have im sure they wont admit to it cause with black its hard to change. if they did, it probibly looks like hell.

this is just my take on it. yeah i wish it was made of plastic like thr drivers door, but im not about to go "bleaching" the leather lol!
Old 07-27-2001, 01:17 AM

Sitzel: there is no leather on the doors. the material he is refering to is the plastic molding the has a different texture then the drivers side, due to the molding trying to mimic the texture of the dashboard material on that side.

TibRacer: I'm not sure about the passenger side door, because I haven't gotten that far myself, but you probably go about it the same as the drivers side. There have been several posts with pics of both doors painted and they look fine to me. Just do I search and find 'em.

Later,
Old 07-27-2001, 02:22 AM

Thanks!

By the way, that's a she, she was referring to....

smile.gif
Old 07-27-2001, 04:53 AM

Hehe, my bad nothing in your profile to tip me off so I just asumed. Sorry.
Old 07-27-2001, 10:24 AM

TibRacer, go here: http://www.fxtreme.org/forums/cgi-bin/ulti...ic&f=3&t=000565