Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Painting Interior

Old 02-23-2005, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Interior

i have tried and tried to take my door panels off... i must be doing something wrong. I have seen tons of tutorials showing how to take apart the dash... but nothing on the door pans. Would it be dangerous to attempt to paint my door pan without taking it off? (ill just tape everything off real good)
Old 02-23-2005, 05:23 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Personnaly, I wouldn't do it.

What do you mean it doesn't come off, Im taking off my doors pannels tomorrow, If I remember correctly there should only be screws holding it in place.

I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:41 PM

well Ive got a '97.I took off the panels and the dash and all that and it turned out really nice.There are 2 screws on the inner part of the panel (where it meets the dash) and there are 2 screws on the outer part of the panel (where the door meets the latch to close) and there are also 3 screws on the underside of the panel. Then you need to finagle it a little bit until the clips come loose. (Pull out and lift up).After that you need to unhook the window controls and the door light.After the panel is off you'll see theres a bunch of other screws on the back of it holding everything together..unscrew all those and take it ALL apart..make sure you go through all the proper steps to painting it. If you need an idea check out my post in showroom (Some New Pics).FYI try using Dupli-Color Engine Enamel paint for it.its what I used.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:26 PM

You're new, so this is a freebie:

http://www.rdtiburon.com/forum/showthread....ving+door+panel

But come on, after 2 secs of searching for "removing door panel" I found that!^^^

Do some more searching next time please

And DO NOT paint the panel(s) without taking it off the door.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:45 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

well.. here is my interior me and my uncle painted.... needs a coat of clear.. but its winter.. yep its dirty.. too cold to go out and vacum it

you can post what you think of it and wat would look good to do. wink1.gif

oh.. and a pic of my ebay gauge covers.. dont look too bad..

Day

Night - not very good..
Old 02-26-2005, 12:34 PM

This is what I've done.Its a little more than the above and I'm still not quite finished with it.If you look at the steering wheel and shifter they are still green.Ew.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:02 PM

You don't need to remove the three screws on the bottom. They attach the pocket to the panel.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:12 PM

yea but while youre at it you might as well.I think theres also 2 screws in the door handle underneath the cover thingys.You need to pop them off and the screws are under there.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:16 PM

hey, E.C.....

i've got a question about your airbag cover on the pas. side....

did you pop it off to paint it? or did you do it when your whole dash was out?

i've got most of my interior done now, but i really want to finish this part off too. i could mask it off, but really don't want to.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:19 PM

Neither.I only took out the hard plastics part of my dash.I painted all the vinyl parts while it was still in.I used tape and paper.All I did was tape off as best I could and then I stuck sheets of paper to the tape so I didnt get any overspray anywhere.I still have to do that with my glove box but its been too cold. I think the dash and airbag came out really nice for not taking them out.