Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Paging alarms

Old 12-02-2010, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Tiburon
Default Paging alarms

Im thinking about buying a new alarm that pages you when it goes off but Ive heard that most of them only page you if you're within a short distance of the car. If anybody here has one can you tell me how you like it and what the distance is? It would be great if there were alarms that could send your cell phone a text message when it goes off but I have yet to find anything like that. So I guess a pager alarm is probably the next best thing if I can get one that has a really long distance on it.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

http://www.viper.com/

look at the front page hun,lol. they make apps for both i-phone and droid phones now.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

I'll gladly vouch for Viper too. I've got the 2way paging alarm ( My Alarm ) 2000 feet easily, and that's through an office building to my desk.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I love my paging alarm. I tested it at about a mile away and was able to lock and arm from that distance. Occasionally I have lost signal in a thick building when parked outside though. Mine is an AutoPage, but it's a few years old. I don't know what I would buy today.