Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

P.c.p Racing Prezentz

Old 08-14-2007, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Well those who have been looking @ my tib and offering up criticism (I don't mind it) take note.

I don't customise my tib specifically to make it look 'nice' I want it 100% unique. And whatever yous think of my car it doesnt matter at the end of it, because it's mine innit laugh.gif

Anyway, this next custom product (PCP = pandy custom products, not the drug.. Im not a pusher 'onest guv) might appeal on the broad range.

Anyone who has removed their spoiler or might be about to take note, it is illegal to remove your spoiler and not have a third light. Now luckily when I found this out I was with a bird who was a friend of a copper local to the area, so I got a warning, but he wanted to ticket me so bad for it he had a boner (unsafe ve hick le) bastard.

So Meg (who I ended up with after the copper bird) made me a temp light, but it melted lmao.

What I wanted tho really was something that you cant find on the shelf, and now I have it. Something 100% unique and hand made.

I decided a long time ago (after the ticket for the tails) to make some kind of custom light bar with repeaters AND brakelights, so if they didnt like the tails I was using they could look at the light bar and go get screwed.

I am welcoming anyone to make one of these, and of course you dont need to copy my idea totally, you can free form if you want and of course be unique with the lights you use.

Tools needed -

drill
epoxy
2 inch PVC pipe (you could go thinner but it would prolly sag, or thicker would be fine like)
some lights (brake, rpt, or whatever)
1 mitre saw capable of cutting 45 deg angles.
some MDF (3/4")
hole saw
bondo
time
patience
covering of your choice (mine will be kameleon green blue switch like my other interior accents).

Stage 1.

Cut 2 uprights (mine are 6" cos where Im putting it, on the backshelf) and then angle them 45 deg.

Then cut the main bar, wide or narrow as you want (Im going 2 foot) and cut 2 inward 45 deg angles.

Then epoxy on the ends and make sure it's all true and square. Once it is mask tape it to hold it together and lay it flat.

Let epoxy dry and you should have something that looks like hnyar -

Arrange lighting -

Then test arrangement.

Then drill all the holes needed, mock everything up by fitting lights.

Remove lights, sand it, bondo the joins (not got there yet next pics you will see will be this fitted) and then finish it with your choice of paint, carpet or covering.

Then cut 2 pieces of MDF using a hole cutter so that it fits snug in the end of the tube. Screw these onto your shelf and then screw through the bottom of the tube into the MDF lugs, thatll hold it nice and upright on your parcel shelf. Fit lights back on, wire into tail loom and enjoy !

now mocked up..

Tail open

And closed. once its fitted Ill remove the temp one thats in the way atm smile.gif

Old 08-14-2007, 05:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That's absolutely hideous pandy... I'm all for custom work on tibs, that should be evident by my car, but if you're going to do it at least do it right man, that looks like shit.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Uhm, I've held my breath for some time now, but dude, WHY?

Are you TRYING to give RD's a bad name? WTF are you doing to your car? That's almost the most retarded thing I've seen done to any car, EVER. There is no reason for it, it looks horrible, and just doesn't make any sense. I mean good lord dude. The hood vents you put on, most of your interior, and now this?

Good god.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:28 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

But duooode. All the cool kids in the Uk are doin' it..

smile.gif
Old 08-14-2007, 05:45 PM

All the kids in the trailer park are doin it.

Like I said, I'm all for custom, unique work that no one else has done, but it needs some sort of class...
Old 08-14-2007, 06:08 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Aug 14 2007, 07:26 PM)
Uhm, I've held my breath for some time now, but dude, WHY?

QUOTE (Pandy @ Aug 14 2007, 06:48 PM)
Anyone who has removed their spoiler or might be about to take note, it is illegal to remove your spoiler and not have a third light. Now luckily when I found this out I was with a bird who was a friend of a copper local to the area, so I got a warning, but he wanted to ticket me so bad for it he had a boner (unsafe ve hick le) bastard.

I wish I could see the pix, I'm at work though. Remember he said this is temp.

BTW.. Pandy, I like what you've done with your car aside from the stickers.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:10 PM

I must say you are wrecking the tib,could be realy nice car if you dont touch "joke"
also I realy dont think its against the law to not have third brake light.
There are tons of cars that dont.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Banned

for the record it IS against the law not to have a third brake light. why do you think cars without a spoiler have a third brake light?

deestibo, just for funnies, find me a stock car that doesn't have a third brake light.. not just show me TONS as you claim, just show me one or two.

poor poor RD crying.gif

im sorry i just don't get any of it.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I can show you millions. It didn't become a standard until the early 90's, so all cars before that are exempt, and don't have them unless it's aftermarket.

I mean damn, you can put something else up for a 3rd brake light.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:34 PM

wow....

Temporary or not, that's gotta be the riceyest thing I've seen on any car, ever. PVC piping? It's a car, not a house...

someone put it out of it's misery please..02.gif