Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Optima Red Top

Old 04-04-2003, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optima Red Top

Hi, I have 2001 Tiburon with a stero system (amp and subs). I was told that a red top would help with my dash lights because they barely light up. I am just wondering what spec of optima red top battery I should get. I know the yellow top is the best but I am on a budget.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:00 AM

turn up your dash dimmer switch
Old 04-04-2003, 05:16 AM

lol
Old 04-04-2003, 05:45 AM

arent they all the same price....its just that different batteries do different things???? if you giong to spend the money get the right one.....do you have a cap???
Old 04-04-2003, 05:55 AM

No I dont have a cap. I was told the battery would help more than the cap.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:46 AM

um....exsqueeze me?? who told you that?? the person trying to sell you the battery??? a 1 farad cap will help dramatically ...the battery would help yes...but not nearly as much as a cap...spend the money on a cap then go with a battery! your battery really doesnt do much while your car is on...its the altenator that `is taking more of the stress. get a cap....you can get one off ebay for like 70...its a good investment.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:03 AM

yes, GET THE CAP!!
also, do u have any problems with the headlights dimming when your bass hits? if u do, then i'm 110% sure u need a cap...
Old 04-04-2003, 09:15 AM

I also say to get the cap. First it will help the system sound better because your amps are getting the power they need. Second it will help your light situation, and third and probably the more important one that if your lights are running low because of the stereo imagine the strain you are putting on the alternator. If you don't do something you may burn the alt up and you won't have a choice on what to buy.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:15 AM

I haven't noticed my headlights dimming just the dash ones. And actually the stereo place told me the battery is better and they the caps that match my system. I have also heard it from alot of different people that specialize in stereo systems. You guys are the first to tell me that the cap is better. Now I am confused
Old 04-04-2003, 10:19 PM

your joking right???? dude get a cap....okay here is a basic jist of what a cap does.....your set up now...you bass hits and takes power straight from your alternator....NOT your BAttery.....putting a strain on the electrical system...ending up with a burnt alt.....a cap you put inline on the power wire the closer to the amp the better.....and instead of taking power from the alt it takes it from the cap...its pretty much a rapidily recharging battery....and the power strain to the vehicle remains unchanged...hence your lights will not dim and your amp will be alot happier!!! oh and go to the store and smack the guy around a little bit!!! moon wiggle_m evil_gri