Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

It Is Official! Woo Hoo!!!

Old 11-08-2002, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It Is Official! Woo Hoo!!!

Since its 2:45AM right now, in about 6 hours my friend and I will be installing these into my car... I can't wait.
Kenwood Excelon Reciever KDC-X959
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AND~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These speakers are KFC-XR51P's, the ones I bought are KFC-XR50P's. The difference is that the cone is a metallic burgundy, and the crossover's look different in appearance...

I know some of you are going to flame me for getting Kenwood products. But when I listened to them, they sounded the best to me, especially for the price. Alpine 5 1/4" seperates were $550 CDN, I picked my set up for $225 CDN, and the Alpine's don't sound that much better than the Kenwoods.
Any ways, I'm excited. I'll post tomorrow and let you all know how the installation went.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:51 PM

If the pictures didn't work... Right click the image box, then post the URL in a new browser window...

[ November 08, 2002, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: AccentGS'ice' ]
Old 11-08-2002, 04:04 PM

decent deck, but im not much for the speakers personally.
and you have my rims, just smaller. what do they look like in 16?
Old 11-08-2002, 04:12 PM

They look the same in 16's, only a bit smaller... Seriously though, I would've bought the 17's, not the gunmetal though, just because I thought the silver would suit my car better. Price, and the fact that I thought the 17's would be physically to big, considering I want to lower my ride, and not have to roll any body panels.
Besides, the 16's are way nicer than the stock 14's I had on there. lol

And the speakers... Go to a local audio shop and check these suckers out... They nearly brought tears to my eyes. To each, his own.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:33 PM

I have the same deck in my car. Just installed it about a month ago and love it. The speakers are ok, but if you want some true quality you need to go with MB Quart. My speakers cost way more than any other out there and the sound that you get from them is the very best. Good luck with the deck, it is real easy to install.
Old 11-09-2002, 05:26 AM

And the speakers... Go to a local audio shop and check these suckers out... They nearly brought tears to my eyes. To each, his own.[/QB]
Only problem with listening to speakers in a store is that the accoustics are much different then that of a typical automotive interior.Things change dramatically inside the car.

That particular Kenwood hu has a nice display, but I don't think it has a motorized face.
Old 11-10-2002, 03:08 AM

If by motorized face you mean that it tilts forward to insert/excerpt a CD, than it does. You press a small button in the top-right of the unit...

We started the installation at 10 AM and finished at about 3 in the afternoon. I had a few setbacks though... For one, two pieces were missing so that I could flush mount the tweeters, we went to the store to see if they had any available, they didn't so I have to wait for it to come from the Toronto supplier. Seconly, {and I wish I had have known this before} my amplifier is a lemon. The problem, or so I thought, with my old Clarion deck was that it wouldn't seperate left and right, I couldn't balance or 'unbalance' the music. Songs that should've had some sound coming from the left only, came out both sides; and sounds that were supposed to be played on the right, did the same thing. When I put the balance all the way to the left, all the speakers play, when I put it to the right, only the sub is audible. After installing everything, the problem persists. The wiring is correct, I took it back the the audio place, the salesmen switched all the RCA's, while I changed the balance and fade. He came to the conclusion that it must be internal, since the fade works, all the speakers work properly, and so on.
For example when I play "Heaven's Coming Down" by The Tea Party, at the beginning, the clock sound comes only from the left computer speaker, and as the song continues the first instrumental sound come from the right. When I play the song in my car, its mono. Its a 5 channel amp, and its a lemon.

[ November 10, 2002, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: AccentGS'ice' ]
Old 11-11-2002, 07:44 AM

Oh, okay! I thought that particular modle was the cheesy fold down face,not motorized.

Yeah,my first guess with the amp would have been that you wired the speakers in bridge mono.But since you re-wired it and still had a problem,must be the amp.

So,what are you doing now about an amp??Where are you mounting the tweeters??
Old 11-13-2002, 06:18 AM

saint....i was looking a mb quart....and then i heard diamond audio! the two right next to each and diamond audio's hex series was soooooo much cleaner then the mb quart!
Old 11-14-2002, 06:56 AM

I ought to be shot for this... There's nothing wrong with my amp, you see, the problem lies in the fact that I am retarded. There is a little switch on the side of my amp, one of many switches, with this single switch one can choose mono or stereo operation. Guess what mode my amp was in. Three people looked at it besides myself, and I still had to take it back to the shop... rolleyes.gif
My tweeters as seated at the bottom of my windsheild, as wide apart as possible. For now. The pieces I needed to flush-mount the tweeters weren't all in the box, so I have to wait for them. After that, they'll either be mounted on the face of the dash, near the air vents, or up on the plastic molding that is part of the frame...