Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

No rear seat, how to do it?

Old 07-12-2004, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to take my rear seat out to make my car lighter and I don't use it either way, so I think its a good idea to take it out, but I dont wanna have sh*tty lookin interior, and I need your opinions guys on how to make it look decent.

So, any suggestions and comments are welcome!

thanks

pashka
Old 07-12-2004, 03:38 PM

See if you can find carpet that matches the factory interrior carpet. You would not need that much so it should not be that expensive. I am in the same boat that you are though. I hate people sitting in the backseat of my car and I just want to take it out, but I don't want it to look like crap.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:09 PM

guys search.....blacktibs, pics. Seats, harness, or brackets.

Pics were posted 1-2 weeks ago.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=PN...&highlight=seat
Old 07-12-2004, 04:24 PM

Ok, but that does not talk about what is covering the body color section in the rear.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:52 PM

look very closely at the last blacktibs pic.......thats not the stock hatch floor. I dont see that it would be that hard to rebuild the cover and have some sort of enclosure or box built and carpeted to go from all the way from the back to where the seats would be.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:02 PM

The "best" way to do it would be to remove the rear seats and backrests. Then, remove the carpet from the hatch area and use a new larger piece of carpet that will go from the rear of the car to the center section; where the front carpet ends. Of course, you could also fiberglass in some consoles.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:05 PM

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1381

cant be much different, but if you actually want it to look good, you will end up adding weight with the mdf board....go for fiberglass.

you could just carpet the bare metal but i dont think that will look much better.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:28 PM

All right guys, I've done it and it's easy to do. Take out your seats, get some ply wood, cover it in carpet and replace it like a seat would be. Also check out Blacktibs cardomain site, since I stole his idea. Lol.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:32 PM

what kind of carpet did you use to match the interior? take some pix man!
Old 07-13-2004, 10:16 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I used black vinyl for mine. I think I might just sell that setup I had there, you think someone would buy it? Now with the racing seats I'll completely redo the back, so I have all that stuff to sell, JL box with 3 12W6s, back tirewell cover, w/ padding and vinyl, angled panel with a spot for an amp and a cap, and the part in question here the seat panel with a spot for the PS2.

? If anyone needs nice fabrics just hit me up, I have access to just about everything out there fabric wise. I can give some nice hints if anyone needs any, there's just so much you can do back there, and its easy to do.