Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

New Interior Pics

Old 01-27-2006, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

possible newest addition...

Old 01-27-2006, 09:06 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I don't even want to imagine how much sanding that involved...(unless you have tools for that now).

Looks better tho, fing02.gif

You did the center console lid? I didn't think you cold get paint to stick to that evenly without tons of sanding...

OT:
Lane, Did you see this? =(
Old 01-27-2006, 09:08 PM

it's all about knowing how to paint, and prepping the surface!

and yes, sanding is a must. good work takes time. 8^)

OT ---- yea, i saw that. not too happy there. nothing new though....
Old 01-28-2006, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Looks really good Lane. VERY nice. Similar to what I'm doing.

How did you get the airbag cover off?

And tell us some about doing the softer parts.

Why don't you get some yellow faced gauges?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:44 PM

Looks sweet! haha.gif
Old 01-28-2006, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

i like how the interior looks but not how it looks with the paint job u have.
red n yellow aren't good colors buba
looks like that mcdonalds viper they gave away awhile back it was just ugly.
if your car was black then it would look sweeet so im not tryin to knock you down it looks good by itself just not together.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I agree with silentsecret... looks awesome and very tastefully done until you see the red with it. just kinda weird combo. but if you like it man, dont let us change your mind!
Old 01-28-2006, 09:28 PM

^^^not the first time i've heard that, trust me

and thanks jeremy! the softer stuff just has to be sanded well before painting, and the coats HAVE to be really light and plentiful. i found that the drying time is almost double too, for some reason.

as far as the airbag goes, that's the ONE part i actualy tried to mask off and paint in the car. it turned out MUCH nicer than it should have... i was shocked. i'll never mask and paint in the car again though. too much room for error.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Lane... would you mind letting us know how you prepped and painted it? It looks really good, let us know how you did it.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:16 PM

first, i sand the crap out of whatever i'm painting (after i take it out of the car of course). how much i sand it depends on how porous that particular piece of plastic or vinyl is. the softer stuff you really have to work on.

after that, i wash it with soap and water and either dry it or let it dry. now, the kind of paint is important. i ONLY use the duplicolor vinyl/plastic paint.

now you start painting. temperature, lack of dust, all that... you guys know all about that. the MOST IMPORTANT part (as i'm sure most of you know), LIGHT COATS! let them dry! don't be impatient!

with the pillar pod, i used a heat gun for the first time ever between coats... which allowed me to paint in the winter, and kind of bake the paint on. took half the time too. i'll be using the heat gun on everything from now on.

a lot of people say it's good to wet-sand your paint before the clear. i don't think so. if you do it right, you don't have to.

now, another KEY here is to let your paint dry before you start clear coating. i find around 45 minutes in about 70 degrees is good.

CLEAR COAT! HUGE part too. it's all about the clear coat. this you can be a bit more liberal with. just don't overspray. can't really have too many coats. i find about 4 good passes is savvy. this is the key to your gloss. 8^)

another tip i got while i was doing this is to run the cans under hot water for a while and the paint comes out SOOO smooth. i'll also be doing this from now on too. (thanks for the tip! tibby01, i think it was? i was half drunk)

there it is! i don't do anything abnormal or weird. i'm just all about doing it right. takes time!