Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

New Diode Dynamics Products For The Rd!

Old 05-03-2008, 04:45 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon

After 6 hours of work today filming and working, measuring and installing, I am proud to offer the following products for the RD1 and soon RD2 (as soon as I look up the wiring differences on HMA)

All kits will come with everything you need, all wired up for you, making the installation as easy as possible. ALSO new for any LED kit I have ever done, all kits will come with full, detailed, installation video showing you what to do start to finish.

Pictures didn't turn out too well 02.gif But they really do look good!!

VentGlows

2 LEDs, one for each of your center vents. Not too bright, but a nice accent!

CentriGlows

One LED for your e-brake area, one for each of the small pockets, and one for your armrest compartment.

PullShines

One LED for each door handle pull.

And of course I'll be offering my short antenna, sold to over 100 RD Tiburons alone already!

I will be offering these items soon in conjunction with a sponsorship on RDT. Stay tuned! smile.gif

-Paul,
Diode Dynamics
Old 05-03-2008, 04:56 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I like the pockets. That looks good.

The e-brake LED kinda just looks out-there. It's not framed, it shines everywhere.

Have you considered making vent halos? They look a million times better.

i keep hearing bad things about those antennas. You need to seal the bottom of them to prevent the bolt from rusting.

Overall, I would like to vouch so that I'm not just bashing you. Paul J. Mccain and Diode Dynamics is a good, reliable LED product retailer.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:23 PM

Nah, vent halos are cost inefficient and I don't like the whole "vent=flashlight" effect. It's just not worth my investment to create new sizes in the CNC mill for a product that isn't very popular anyway and is expensive.

I have never heard of any of the antennas rusting? unless you do not screw it all the way in, the threading should be sealed, just like any other bolt on the car, including the stock antenna. The material is grade 8, which should not rust unless in direct prolonged exposure to moisture. There are a dozen tibs here in the "club" that have been running around with my antennas for months with no rusting. If anyone's antenna has actually somehow rusted please contact me, that should not happen... I will of course correct as necessary. EDIT: WOW how come no one said anything about that thread? Thanks for telling me about that.

Are you planning on doing RD1 angel eyes? I might if you're not planning it.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

you dont like the vent halos, but you put an LED on the passenger side under the e-brake handle? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

its like a big red zit on the interior you just want to POP !

only one i like is the middle compartment LED.

did you know...

...that using a womans nail file and buffer, you can shave the ends of the LED and direct the light or diffuse it.

I sanded a nice flat spot on my interior door pull LED, and it diffused the light to all directions on a 180 degree plane. you take away that flashlight effect the diode has.

looks good tho !

how much for just a bunch of single blue LEDs say about 10

and a 30 LED strand.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Looks pretty good!

Lone, for single LEDs, go on eBay and buy like 100 for $7. No place to get them cheaper. For a string of LEDs, go to Oznium.com, it's about a dollar a foot, and about 1 LED per inch. Also, use a dremel for shaving them, takes about 5 seconds, and you can get them as flat as the mounting piece so they don't stick out at all. It's also a complete diffusion, just like a light bulb.
Sorry for OT!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:18 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Oh, yeah, the door handles is a MUST HAVE modification. It prevents the passengenger from fumbling around for the door handle at night. I've got mine done too. This picture has just 1 LED, but I now have 2 shaved LEDs in chrome holders in there.

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f100/out...0_1730Small.jpg
Old 05-03-2008, 09:35 PM

Yes, I do that for the vent LEDs. Eliminating the parabolic reflection of the projector of the LED in any way, whether it be a dremel or sandpaper or just breaking it off, will eliminate most of the directional output.

I wanted to put something in that space as it seemed empty, maybe I will not incorporate it in the kit, but I thought it added a little bit extra to the area. Maybe it will not appear in the final kit?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:50 PM

About the rusting of the threads just use some nickle anti seize on the threads.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:00 PM

Thank you, I think I will look into shipping small packets of anti-seize with the antennas, I've heard that before but I think I'm going to take action on it this time... hmmm... now where do I find ketchup packets of anti-seize? LOL
Old 05-03-2008, 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Paul J. McCain @ May 4 2008, 05:00 AM)
Thank you, I think I will look into shipping small packets of anti-seize with the antennas, I've heard that before but I think I'm going to take action on it this time... hmmm... now where do I find ketchup packets of anti-seize? LOL

Personally I wouldn't ship the packets with them(too expensive). I would buy a cantainer of it and I would just brush some on then place a bag with a rubber band over the threads. They want more tell them to go to autozone/napa...ect where they sell the packets.