Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Need Some Sub Wiring Info

Old 05-08-2006, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn’t buy this set, but this site had the all the info on the subs listed...
2 12" kicker CVR DVC 4 ohms...that’s what I got

kicker subs

I have a feeling I made a mistake and should have gotten the 2 ohms... but I can return them...

And this is the amp, I planned on getting 2, one for each sub...

amps

So what is the best way to wire them? And should I return them for the 2ohm's?
Old 05-08-2006, 09:17 PM

Connect the two amps together and then wire each speaker to a different amp. Use 4-8 gauge power wire and make sure you put an in-line fuse in it. Another ground wire from your battery to the frame/subframe is also a good idea. You do know how to wire the rest right? As for the 2 Ohms run the 4 Ohms now. You can always get another amp or something to make up the difference.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Dylan566 @ May 8 2006, 10:17 PM)
Connect the two amps together and then wire each speaker to a different amp. Use 4-8 gauge power wire and make sure you put an in-line fuse in it. Another ground wire from your battery to the frame/subframe is also a good idea. You do know how to wire the rest right? As for the 2 Ohms run the 4 Ohms now. You can always get another amp or something to make up the difference.

I know the basics of wiring, I wire cop cars out of my garage for side business... its been a long time since I wired subs, what I was asking was how to wire the speakers... being 2 channel amp, should I bridge it and run the speakers parallel or in a series... or should I run one coil to each output? That’s where I am a bit lost...

I see that the amp is 280 rms x2 at 2ohm or 220 rms x2 at 4 ohm…and I wanted to get the most power out of the amp…
Old 05-08-2006, 11:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

You could still get 2 of those amps and run them at 2 ohm with those subs. Wire your voice coils in parallel and they will be 2ohm's per sub.

OR.......Get an Elemental Designs NINe.1 amp and run your subs down to two ohms a piece and then run the subs paralle again getting you down to 1 ohm! The NINe.1 puts out about 1500 watts at 14.4 v and would kill with those kickers subs! Then all you need is one amp and it will be putting out more power then two of those amps combined that you listed. My .02 fing02.gif
Old 05-09-2006, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i think you are alright. the dvc 4-ohm subs can put a 4-ohm load on the amp. when bridged, the amp puts out 560rms, which i think is for a 4-ohm load. pretty sure, but it doesnt specify(that is the way it is for all other amps though).

so you will have 280w rms driving each sub, which is just about perfect(they can take about 100w rms higher if you want to upgrade in the future). just go for 560w rms total for now, it will be more than enough and going any higher will require more crap to do. your headlights will already be dimming.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:21 PM

well i got it all figured out, i did trade the subs in for 2ohms... and being that they are DVC i will be putting 280 to each coil at 2 ohms. the kickers are rated for 400 so yea it does leave me for more in the future, but im willing to bet it hits hard enught, off to build the box now, thanks for the help