Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Need help with dash!!!

Old 11-01-2001, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with dash!!!

Is there anybody out there that is willing to paint my dash for me??? I tried but cant seem to get it to look that good. I would refer somebody close to me and who has done it before!!!
Old 11-01-2001, 11:30 PM

I be willing to do it for you. I live in Pa I know thats not all that close but what ya going to do. I painted mine super silver and then clear coated it and it looks just like the silver factory paint on the outside. Well let me know.
Old 11-02-2001, 02:16 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I don't know if you want to go this route, but if you take all the parts off, and then go to a collision/body shop....they should charge you only like $100 to paint everything. Bat Lord and myself used actual automotive paint in a spray gun. Our dashes like they were fiberglassed over. VERY shiny. One of the perks of using a gun and professional paint. wink.gif Otherwise, you could just have someone get some spray paint in an areosol can and go to town on your dash. It's a cheaper, but it depends on the look you're going for. Good luck!
Old 11-05-2001, 02:52 PM

I had somebody try to repaint it for me with auto paint, but I can still see some scratch marks from where the original paint was sanded off. What should I do to fix it??? Have them put on more coats of the paint on??? Some guy at work was telling me about this stuff that adds the texture back to whatever you was painting and smooths it back down. Is there really stuff that can do that??? If so what is it called and would it work on a dash???