Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..
View Poll Results: Choose one
I own a rear strut bar
51.85%
I want to get a rear strut bar
44.44%
I'm selling a rear strut bar
3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

My Rear Strut Bar

Old 02-12-2008, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have not heard of that one ^^ are they still made?
Old 02-12-2008, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Redzman also doesn't like the SR front strut bar if I recall, and I have that and it's high quality, so I'd have confidence in their rear, especially since it's a straight bar, and that's pretty hard to screw up.

Then again, in the RDT.com world, if it's not on redz's car, or if he doesn't want it on his car, it's no good...
Old 02-13-2008, 01:16 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

the round one and the octoganal one comer from the same place...
the round ones are the earlier ones and the octogonal one the later one
shrk,kspec,sfr maybee ark all get the bar from the same place/manufacturer

Old 02-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (Caj Darkmoon @ Feb 13 2008, 12:44 AM)
Redzman also doesn't like the SR front strut bar if I recall, and I have that and it's high quality, so I'd have confidence in their rear, especially since it's a straight bar, and that's pretty hard to screw up.

Then again, in the RDT.com world, if it's not on redz's car, or if he doesn't want it on his car, it's no good...

It doesn't matter if it's round, octogon, or square as much as it does the quality of material, strength, and how heavy it is (ability to keep a 3,000 pound hunk of metal from flexing).
Old 02-13-2008, 07:53 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (01WhiteTibby @ Feb 12 2008, 10:38 PM)
have not heard of that one ^^ are they still made?

Yup. BHurlin can get you whiteilne stuff.

I don't like the brackets on their front bar, but it is a good bar for sure. I don't belive I ever said I didn't like it.

I don't like the Kspec/SR rear bar (the one from SFR could be the same, but I've never seen it), because on most RD's it doesn't let the rear seats close. It also looks like shit compared to the others. SR's rear bar is NOT straight, it's the same octagnal bar that Kspec sells, and it curves at the last 3 or so inches on each end. That one has very thin brackets, and doesn't feel sturdy at all in your hands compared to the others I've had.

Caj, I like you, but don't stick your foot in your mouth. I've had 4 different front strut bars, 3 different rears, 2 different center braces, and I recommend them, because they are the best that I've found or seen.

SFR sells NONE of them BTW.

Whiteline rear.
Ebay universal center brace.
Moteria Front Strut Bar (Importshark). The Moteria has the nicest thickest beefiest bracket and bar I've ever seen, and it looks great.

I've done this with MANY parts. I've had 3 different intake manifolds, and I recommend the one bored out by Tim. I've had 4 different sets of plug wires, and I recommend the PRD's, even though I had minor issues with them. I've done extensive rim research, and though 16's are harder to find, and harder to get tires for, I recommend them, as they are just perfect sized for our cars. I've had what, 6 different short shifters? I recommend the ARK, but only because the Megan (the cheapest), has one or two flaws, and a major safety problem. If those were fixed, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat, it's a better shifter. You can fix the safety problem, and you can adjust the other flaws, but you shouldn't have to buy and modify a new part MADE for your car. I've had 3 different sets of brake lines, and recommend the ones from the last group buy. I've had 2 different sets of diamond plate floor mats, and recommend the ones from SFR (GASP!).

Out of all of those items, one is sold by a company I work with.

One.

Some of us have been around for long enough to see things succeed and fail here, and some of us have gone through generations of parts, to see what is best or not.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Administrator

:sniff sniff: - what's that?!?! Do I smell ownage??

haha.gif
Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

No, it's not that, I just get sick of some folks thinking I'm pushing certain products or brands for personal gain.

I get NOTHING out of telling you to pick up a whiteline RSB. SFR doesn't sell them, KFX CAN sell them, but I get no profit from that.

I'm not just waiving my hands in the air and exclaiming that something is the best from a picture or description, it's from personal experience. If I haven't had the experience, I tell you who has. If I know nothing about it, such as Turbo's or Superchargers, I can only comment on the service that is given by said company.

Yeah, I voice my opinion a lot here, and try to get folks to get the best of the best for as cheap as possible, but that's partially my job here, and what I do on these forums.

Can you get another short shifter/strutbar/clutch and be happy with it?

Yup.

Hell, I was perfectly happy with my B&M shifter till I moved on from that to my Rside advanced. Then I knew the B&M was a POS. And likewise when I tried out the OBX, then the Megan, then the ARK (my ARK STS is thuroughly modified also, it's not perfect).
Old 02-13-2008, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

personally i like my sfr strut bar, but i havent seen any designs other then the octagonal bar...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Where'd the blooming quote button dissapear to?

First of all redz, I didn't say a single thing about you're association with SFR, so I don't know why you decided to write 5 paragraphs about that. Well, I do, because you're response to any dissagreement with you is to spend 20 minutes writing a novel. My point was that you have this mindset of there only being one right way to go with parts, and as far as I'm concerned that's straight up wrong, which is why I continue to provide counterpoints to your one-choice gospel.

Second, I said nothing about the shape of the bar as far as whether it's octagonal or round, that in and of itself isn't reflective of the strength.

What i DID say is that the SR bar is STRAIGHT ACROSS, which means that it has very little opportunity to flex. That's evident both by reading my posts in this thread or by going to SR's site, which show's several pictures of the bar. The mount looks just about as solid as their front bar, with the exception that the bracket is slightly thinner due to the constricted space.

Argue if you want redz, but I wasn't sticking my foot in my mouth, I was making a valid point tainted by the fact that you never present your opinion as opinion, but always as fact.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Caj - we're trying to fix that problem in the Dark skin. Quotes will hopefully be back soon. They're working in Blue if you need them.

RED z was defending himself, which he had a right to do. I would call part of your post an attack on him, therefore he should defend himself. It's also a point that's been brought up before (by you, and others) so he felt the need to address it in it's entirety.

Now, tell me this... why would anyone promote a product they've never used or had personal experience with? I recommend authentic Veilside products over fake replicas. I own an authentic, I've seen the quality and fitment issues with the fakes. Do I not have a right to express my opinion? We all do, one can suggest SR, another can suggest Whiteline, no big deal.

Personally, I've spoken with RED, seen first hand his desire for quality products on our cars, read about his issues and swapping out one aftermarket product for another trying to find the best one. I've seen him hustling our website and cars to vendors at NOPI Nationals (that was a business trip for him, not pleasure - he didn't even enter his car, he spent most of his time talking with companies trying to get products made for us. I trust his opinions, but don't take them as gospel. Had I listened to his preferences, I wouldn't have a Veilside body kit, or 17" wheels (both of which I personally love on my car).

Because I've seen his dedication to building our aftermarket support and taking the initiative that VERY FEW people on this site have, I tend to put more trust in his opinion than most. If I'm looking into a turbo setup, there are certain people I would definitely seek an opinion from. That's how it goes, you set your reputation by expressing your knowledge, and others will evaluate who knows what and act on it.