Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

My Keyless Entry And Alarm

Old 05-19-2005, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I didn't see this posted anywhere so I figured I would start. I bought my 2001 tib last year mid feb. It came with keyless entry and alarm which I believe is aftermarket (don't believe we had that option?). But lately the range seems to be decreasing to the point that I need to be right at my door to open it up. This get annoying when people need to get things out of my car and I am so used to just hitting the unlock button. I replaced the batteries in the remotes but still this same thing. Could it be the transmitter dying in the remote, or the receiver dying? It may be the simplest solution to fix it or just that fact that its getting old.

And before anyone asks, no I don't know what brand has made my alarm.

This is what the remote looks like except the buttons are red, and the FCCID is ELVAT1E
http://www.darelldd.com/ev/images/rav/rav_...yless_entry.jpg
Old 05-21-2005, 08:36 PM

I would say the transmitter is dying. I highly doubt it would be the reciever because the transmitter does a lot more work.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:38 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

same thing happened to mine, eventually it just stopped working. now the alarm randomly starts blaring whenever you start the car.
i believe my problem is the alarm "brain" (that box that's in your dash somewhere)
Old 05-21-2005, 09:44 PM

I had alot of problems with my alarm too. It really sucks when the transmitter dosn't want to turn the alarm off and the alarm is stuck. I ended up taking mine out completely.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

all my wiring is there, it's the weirdest thing ever..i was trying to fix it one day and whenever i connect the ground wire to the power+ one it's like the siren gets hard wired and never stops going off .. while i thought that that would short it out. it's so #$(I#$ed up. i hate that damn thing. maybe this summer ill be able to afford a NICE viper or clifford..my advice with alarms is don't get a cheap one
Old 05-23-2005, 08:34 AM

Word @ Viper. I got one. Thank God I worked at Best Buy when I got it. I saved about $300 with my employee discount.

I know a big problem with older alarm systems is that the actual remote itself loses its durability. You could replace the battery and it still doesn't transmit the way it used to. Pushing buttons on the thing all the time does in fact wear it down. I'm not saying that IS the problem. I'm just saying it could be.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:11 AM

Try and hold the remote/transmitter too you head. In this way the signal will go further, a longer distance. Try it.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:54 PM

Yeah, like i said i don't know what type of alarm it is, it was installed but all i know is that it pisses me off. If im just sitting in my car looking for a cd or something and then the alarm decides to activate i can't start the car unless i deactivate the alarm. Oh well don't have the money for a new alarm need to get struts first
Old 06-06-2005, 12:13 PM

try change the battery in the transmitter.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:06 AM

Maybe you can check with whom installed your alarm system. I got mine installed at Best Buy (when I worked there). It's a Best Buy lifetime warranty policy that if anything goes wrong at all with my alarm system, they are obligated to fix it. I'm not saying everywhere does that... but it's worth a shot. Call up Hyundai, give them your VIN #, and see what they can do.