Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

My hands are bloodied and bruised...

Old 02-15-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the line-x is softer then what you thank it is. I've had it done in my truck. Redz i've see it run in the beds of trucks. On a side note don't cover any screw hole or bolt holes. It will allow for the bolts to be put in more securley then before.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:22 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

I was talking to a friend of mine who deals in audio. He was telling me about this foam stuff that they spray onto the inside of the fender and anywhere else for that matter. Has anyone heard anything about that?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:38 AM

yea ive known a few ppl to use the foam, i forget what its called but sound deadening isnt its purpose i believe, its heavy as hell, and if you put too much in it can break welds eek.gif
Old 02-15-2005, 11:49 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

that stuff was ALL OVER the parts car I bought. The dumb *** straight sprayed it through all of his wiring and everything under the dash/steering wheel.

Never use that nasty Sh!t
Old 02-15-2005, 05:32 PM

That foam can also trap water/moisture and cause rust from the inside. Some of those panels need to breathe. I'd rather use a coat of spray-on deadener for the inside of the fender.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:33 PM

yeah that stuff your talking about is rubberized undercoating. That stuff is nasty! and if you put it inside the car it always well get hot and start to melt. You don't want that stuff in your car trust me.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

I hate installing this stuff, but the reward is definatly worth it. Right now I just have both my front doors, top of the hatch, and the back of the hatch covered with X-treme Dynamat. I put about 80 square feet in a grand prix at work, my hands didn't heal for a month, but you could not hear the music from outside the car with the windows up, and inside was absolutly amazing.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:34 PM

I can't do my hatch till I get some charged lift supports. Too dangerous if my redneck broomstick prop were to fail with my head under it. That hatch weighs a lot.

QUOTE (supry)
my hands didn't heal for a month, but you could not hear the music from outside the car with the windows up, and inside was absolutly amazing.

LOL! Glad I'm not alone on the banged up hands. It's simply unavoidable if you want to get a solid application.

I made a few short vids comparing inside vs outside sounds of music and exhaust, I'll put them up soon. I can play my music at a moderate level now, knowing I'm not advertising my system or annoying neighbors. Although I have to watch the bass.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:42 PM

going back a bit.. the problem with most spray foams is two fold..

One they shrink and crack over time, reducing their effectivness.

two, they are open cell, meaning the bubbles are open to each other and the enviroment. This traps water which can and will eventually lead to rust.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, im bringing up a dead post.

just reminded myself of that loud clunk a lot of us get when we shut the doors with the windows not all the way up. did this get rid of it, or did you ever even have this problem?