Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

My 5speed After Swap

Old 04-29-2007, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

As most of you know I used to have an Automatic. I didn't want to sell the car because it didn't feel like any regular Tiburon I drove before, it is special and there's something about how it drives that is better than other Tiburons I've driven. Thanks to my mechanic and a good donor car, here she is:

After my vacation, the stock CD player goes out and my new Avic D2 nav/dvd/touchscreen cd player goes in. I've fiberglassed the hell out of a new din so it'll look molded plus no getting the unit out without taking the din out.
We went to a car show sponsored by hot import nights. it was awesome but we didn't get many photos 02.gif my firs car show! there were 2 GK tiburons from newtiburon, and one from rd. there were ferraris, lambos, an aston martin vanquish which we followed to the show, 10 vipers, 30 supras...etc.

next year my car will be in the show. it could have been in this year as the ONLY rd1 in the entire show but i had to rush to work later on. couldn't take anymore pictures as the camera was not mine and the batteries ran out.

it was suuuuch a beautiful day out today, whoa like the perfect car show weather! that's me, next to the supra i fell in love with. it was hawwwwt!!!! 30 mins there and we had to go to work, but next year will be so much better so sorry no pics!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

bragger... joke.gif

looks like i'm giving in and swapping trannies between mine and my GF's out. she just plain refuses to learn how to drive a manual.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:54 AM

I cant wait 'til I swap my auto to a 5 speed...looks good!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Looks good!

Where did you get your manual shifter surround?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Nice. Time to replace those ugly shift boots though.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:08 AM

^ speaking of doorbells ringing smile.gif

my mechanic just swapped everything out from a 2001 tiburon which had been standing in his lot since 2001 so all parts are new. i left the original center din so it doesn't fit right, but i bought a second din from type2ac (thanks man) that fits and will hold the pioneer nav.

next will be redz shift boots, original f2 gauges from hob fing02.gif, led lighting, and some vacuming because the shop vac finally gave out.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:28 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

woohoo! another one to the dark side. congratulations

Is this your first manual car?

and
looks like i'm giving in and swapping trannies between mine and my GF's out. she just plain refuses to learn how to drive a manual.

Just swap cars! LOL
Old 04-30-2007, 10:59 AM

Coupe, I was there and it WAS a nice day! but I didnt see you or your car there!!! I saw a banana yellow one with a Cuda kit though. I had to park across the street but I did come with those two GK tibs.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:55 AM

pat i've driven manuals before, this just brought it all back but it is the fastest manual i've driven and the stock excel/elantra is a little different compared to my IHE smile.gif i can't go back to auto but i still love driving my dad's elantra since the newer hyundais drive smoother and quieter!!!

here's my work i'm doing today:

cuda, i was so desperate i wanted to see you guys there hell i came with another tiburon to add to the pack. so the story is like this: waxed the hell out of my car in the morning, and my friend with a second tiburon was meeting me at my house UNTIL my sister called and needed me to drive her roommate somewhere. since she's driven my friends before i thought i'd return the favor. sure enough he lived 35-40 mins out and by the time i came back it was late. my friend came and saw i was gone so he got lunch. we finally meet up and wash his car, leave to columbia and find nobody there we were about a half hour late...

man, what a bummer. i had this all planned out a month in advance and surely 1 hour before the meet of all the days of the year my sister needs help. next 4 of my friends who were enthralled to come to the show backed out. and of all the days on the calendar, my co-worker picks sunday night to call off. the only thing i can say is next year will be bigger and better and we'll all see each other there right?

but the show was awesome it's like being in toysr'us as a kid all over again except the warehouse is much bigger and there's girls all over. i'll be there next year.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:05 PM

haha, yeah. The newtib guys werent that friendly anyways, I wanted them to wait for late comers for at least 30mins.. my cuz and his 350z, and two of his friends, one owning a black 350whp STi and the other owning a Red 460whp RX-7.. but they were queer and wanted to leave..