Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Momo Hub Adapter

Old 06-21-2005, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am going to to buy a sparco steering wheel and apparently momo's hub adapter is made for the tiburon and i've been reading that the momo hub adapters will fit sparco wheels. is this true?
do i have to order the momo hub adapter or can i order the one sparco sells?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:11 AM

I have the hub that kSpec sells for our tibs. It fits good with a MoMo wheel but you lose a few things.

Things you lose:
- Airbag (duh)
- Horn (unless you mount one else where)
- Auto-Off turn signals

You have to take the clock spring out and that is why you lose the horn and auto-off turn signals. I had the hub on for about 6 months with no problems becides the above things and it works with Sparc and Mom wheels.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

^^^ strange... thinking.gif
I had aftermarket steering wheel (with a hub) on my previous car (Opel Vectra). And I had auto turning off turn lights. It works very well. And I had horn button right in the center of the steering wheel.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:13 AM

Ultra,

was that hub a real Momo hub or just one that Kspec sells? I know that Momo has an adaptor for our cars. I may have to get it and see if does have accomadations for the clock spring.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:43 AM

the actual momo wheel is model specific to the tiburon so i don't think you lose anything. anyway, is it true that this momo adapter will work with a sparco wheel?
Old 06-21-2005, 11:51 AM

Yeah the one I have/did use is the one from kSpec not the one from MoMo. MoMo steering wheels do use the same six bolt patten as Sparco ones. Hopefully if you get the MoMo adapter it will work better for you.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:31 PM

awesome. i just wanted to make sure that they would fit the sparco wheel like i have read. wink1.gif thanks for your help...i'm off to order the hub adapter and the wheel. smile.gif
Old 06-21-2005, 01:03 PM

Once you get everything and install it let us know how the MoMo hub fits and if you lose the horn and auto-off signals.