Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Megan Racing Seats

Old 08-21-2009, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.meganracing.com/products/produc...77&catid=70

Does anyone know if these seats are any good or if there's anything good around that price range? I think they come with the sliders, but where could I find the right fitting brackets?

Thanks guys. laugh.gif
Old 08-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I have a friend that got them, and he hated them. The back broke on him when getting in and out of the car. I have D.A.D. (Dynamic Auto Design) seats in my car, and have never had any issues with them.

Most racing seats do come with sliders and are universal. Unless you're getting super high end name brand seats, like Corbeau or Sparco...there really isnt any brackets readily made available for Tibs. You'll have to weld and build yourself a set to fit the seats you're getting since all seats are different.

Also certain seats have different heights to them, so if you're a tall person...theres a chance your head will be really close to the roof of the car. I'm 6', and have no issues at all with my D.A.D.'s. If you or someone else is going to weld up a set of brackets, make sure they know exactly what they're doing. Last thing you want is to have brackets fail on you if you get into an accident. That would be a messy clean up on the highway if the seats come undone during a bad impact.

Good luck!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow, I'm glad I asked.
D.A.D. seats seem like a good bet then. They look fairly nice too. Especially at that price. I'm about 5' 8" so they should work just fine for me then.
Thank you for your help