Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Luxury Interior In A Tib?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

So I decided to pimp my interior, lol. I really like dark wood grain and I thought with a dark maple red/maroon paint on the outside a dark mahogany interior would look really good. So I bought a dash kit from wooddashkits.com and installed it in my car. It was sex almost for me, I really was impressed. Then I found a Grant steering wheel that matched perfectly and a shift knob that was pretty damn close.

My airbags had been blown so I removed them and bought a piece of the synthetic mahogany dash material to cover it up. Just about the same time an ex bought me a set of 2 DVD screens for the car. It was a cheap set from Target but I figured what the hell, I can custom fit them into the car. One went in the PAB dash with synthetic wood around it and one is mocked up to go in a headrest. I still need to finish the headrest part but you may be able to catch a glimpse of the mock up.

I also added red vent halos and red led's under the seat that can strobe in patterns or with the radio. I'm pretty much done with the interior with the exception of two projects. One project is to finish the head rest DVD mock-up, which will require mad sewing skills.

The other project is the one I started a thread on, http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=28807 , I am already fiberglassing my spare tire but this project won't be finished for a few weeks.

So here's the pictures of what I have done:

My camera sucks with night pictures because I have no tripod, but you can get the idea...lots of red light:

Old 09-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Now you just need to get RED ZMAN's leather seats...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

well i'm not sure that it really goes with the interior very well.

BUT i do love woodgrain too and i think you did a good job for what you had to work with. i would be intrested to see what it would look like if you wrapped the entire dash in a woodgrain look material.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:24 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, I don't think it looks very good with the wood grain kit. I think it would look much better just straight painted.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

all I see is a bunch of fvckin stickers? shrug.gif
Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

thats cause thats all it is pat...I wasn't trying to really be impressive with it and all but I do like it better then all the painted dash's I have seen so I gave it a try and I like how it looks.

I didn't think many would like it, but most people that see it in person do like it. It's clean and adds a little more color and style. It also gave me about 25 hp with the ladies club, lmao.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Banned

it looks ok, not a fan of the dash sticker kits at all though..

what would be really cool, is paint the dash (except top) that dark maroon color, and have someone go over it with black/brown airbrush lightly to give the woodgrain effect.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

U guys are all thinking too small. A real wood dash, made of real wood!

cocobolo! ebony! cedar to keep the bugs away! walnut burl FTW!

nana.gif

Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

hydrographic film is calling your name if its wood grain you want to go for.

I can find out where the guy i was gonna use for some non car items is from. all i know is his is east coast but he might be close to you.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:08 PM

Vehicle: tiburon SE 2000

not my style at all