Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Luxury Interior In A Tib?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Luxury Interior In A Tib?

So I decided to pimp my interior, lol. I really like dark wood grain and I thought with a dark maple red/maroon paint on the outside a dark mahogany interior would look really good. So I bought a dash kit from wooddashkits.com and installed it in my car. It was sex almost for me, I really was impressed. Then I found a Grant steering wheel that matched perfectly and a shift knob that was pretty damn close.

My airbags had been blown so I removed them and bought a piece of the synthetic mahogany dash material to cover it up. Just about the same time an ex bought me a set of 2 DVD screens for the car. It was a cheap set from Target but I figured what the hell, I can custom fit them into the car. One went in the PAB dash with synthetic wood around it and one is mocked up to go in a headrest. I still need to finish the headrest part but you may be able to catch a glimpse of the mock up.

I also added red vent halos and red led's under the seat that can strobe in patterns or with the radio. I'm pretty much done with the interior with the exception of two projects. One project is to finish the head rest DVD mock-up, which will require mad sewing skills.

The other project is the one I started a thread on, http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=28807 , I am already fiberglassing my spare tire but this project won't be finished for a few weeks.

So here's the pictures of what I have done:

My camera sucks with night pictures because I have no tripod, but you can get the idea...lots of red light:

Old 09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Looks good. You should paint the entire dash the color of the wood grain, so it flows all around it, instead of just being the top (front) layer part. Are you planning on re-upholstering the seats in a similiar color?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:00 PM

I was pretty much happy with it the way it is. I know it's just stickers but I don't like any of the painted dashs I have seen and the guys on RDT have painted theirs about every color. Actually it's funny because some of them are knocking my stickers but to each his own I think and I really like my interior just the way it is now.

The only other thing I will do with the interior is add an amp and sub with a sealed fiberglass and MDF enclosure that fits into the spare tire well. I wanna keep it simple and stock looking inside for the most part.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:19 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Reading the description before looking at the pictures had me groaning, but the pictures made me change my mind. Looks good smile.gif
Old 09-22-2008, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 08 sonata

the pictures at wooddashkits always made me cringe (btw does anyone have the url? its not working) but yours looks so nice. if it was my car, i would have gone with a deep brown color, but to each his own. it still looks great.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I can't see really well but the wood sticker around the LCD screen looks all warped or something...
Old 09-23-2008, 06:54 AM

^^^it kinda is warped, but it doesn't look so bad usually. I had some issues with making that piece myself because the old airbag cover I attached it to was in pretty bad shape. I bought a piece that was big enough to mess up on the first try but I'm putting off fixing it right now.

At some point I may just take out the DVD's and get a new PAB cover and just wrap that...the DVD's are kinda ridiculous and I rarely ever even turn them on.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

I Like
Old 12-08-2008, 04:57 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

QUOTE(ElectricTuscani @ Sep 23 2008, 10:47 AM)
I Like

it's nice, the wood add's a warm feel to the rd's cockpit

all you need now is the gk leather seats in that tiburon, be it beige or black
Old 12-19-2008, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Not bad.