Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Luck Changed a bit for the better.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Saturday night at the movies, who cares what picture you see? when youre huggin with your baby.... (c/o the drifters).

Anyways the reason I am posting this thread is to show people that it's not worth complaining about things in life. Life will do what it's going to do, just roll with it and the sun will shine smile.gif

So anyways I had a wonderful lump of luck last night in a few ways. Just to show life is an awesome thing smile.gif

Namely -

I paid this month's rent and didnt realise we had paid a month in advance, so basically I now dont have to find another cent for rent until january as the new place is free for the first month.. man what a f***in result eh?

Not only that but this was a 5 week month, so my heavingly fat bank balance got even heavier.. I havent spent a single penny on anything other than food (shopping not takeout) cigs (been getting them cheap in DE) and living (gas and so on) for 2 months.. I had a fat lump of cash in the bank.

So I had a friend over for dinner last night (tomOTEC) who I want to congratulate ! he and Jamie have decided to make it official and tie the knot !

Anyways, the treat to myself.
Well as you peeps know I have been installing my audio system, and a couple of times in the past I have said how I wanted a video system once the audio was complete.

Well with the money I had kicking around and the nice safety net I had built I decided to go shopping.

I want an overhead. Basically the tib is small, I do not want something poking out of my dash screaming "steal me !" and I do not want something that makes me feel even more claustrophobic than I already do when I am encapsulated in my tibby.

Plus on the roof of the tib I have a 'unit' which isnt much smaller than an over head (glasses holder.. I have the full FX package).

So I popped out last night and removed that (easy) and the metal mounting bracket is perfect for fitting a screen to. Not only that when folded out an overhead will overlay the rear view which is probably *the* most comfortable viewing position for a screen in this car. I dont want to have to look down as it will crook my neck.

When folded up it will look as stock as the thing up there now, so perfect choice. And the wiring? jees, I love the way the whole liner unit pops down (checked all this out already).

So Tom and I had a look on the net last night and I found the perfect combination. Directed Electronic 7" overhead with full hardware (you can also remove the screen and use it anywhere which is a nice thing) for, get this.. $99 on clearout ! And I chose an audiobahn head unit that plays DVD, VCD, SVCD, photo CD and MP3. The aim with this is to make mp3 audio DVDs so that I can remove the 20 cds from my sun visor, again giving me more room in the tib and feeling less enclosed.

The head unit was also on clearout, $129, shipping was $16.

So for less than $250 I got a really nice video setup, I cant wait to get it in now !!

Pics smile.gif

Screen

Head Unit

(btw, the moral of this post is this. When you think life sucks and you get down just wait.. Life will always return your hard work with happiness smile.gif Im not saying things like this bring happiness but I have had a bad year and I have planned to do this video setup for over a year, now is the time.. When I find a chick we will be going to secluded areas, idling the engine and watching movies hand in hand smile.gif Im sooo romantic hehe.

BTW - Tibs are for life, not just for christmas !
Old 11-05-2006, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

although i'm not too fond of car TV's, looks like a good solution. post some pics when it's installed.

haha, and definitely agree with your theory about how when you think life sucks it can take a turn. the problem is you have to survive it until something comes to you. it usually does but you have to be very strong and patient.

i'd save up some money and keep piling it up into a big number. once that's done you'll find yourself happier than any tv will make you!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

See? everythings working out for you smile.gif

Nice tv's! Definitely post some pictures when installed!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Can I get a link to these goodies please. I had orderend an Audiobahn head unit at one point but it was on backorder for so long i canceled the order. waited like 6 months. I just wanted it becasue everything in my car is Audiobahn. Love it.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

P-L-E-A-S-E scale down those pictures, sucks ass trying to read your post when you have to use the scroll bar back and forth to get all the words.

Ill change them to links in the mean time.

Whats up with the topic title? did somebody move it or something cuz it seems like its in the right section to me...

Ok...On topic...

Good for you man, its nice to be able to do something for yourself esspecially when things havent been looking up in the past.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:44 PM

Ericy -

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i64_ove...d-monitors.html

Screen ^^

Player -

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6956.html

Alex. Sorry man.. Ill scale them down..

The reason I put it here was because 'gripes and complaints' is kinda depressing.. So I thought Id run around and throw some flowers around the place lol.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:49 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I changed them to links for now, well this is halfway directed toward getting a I.C.E. so its appropriate.

Actually being in gripes and complaints would be the wrong forum, it could either go in off topic or I.C.E. so its all good.

Didnt know u and selina were "chatting" btw, nice to find these things out...

*~Changed the topic title to more reflect the topic~*
Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 AM

Thanks Alex smile.gif I was so tired that I was going to do them today, been working alot lately smile.gif