Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Looking To Put In Subs

Old 10-26-2007, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well I have been wanting to put at least 1 sub in my car for a while now. Last night as I was sitting around I decided to look into it. Did some quick research and such and priced some stuff out. I not looking for an absolute pounding system but I want something so I can hear my bass clearly. I listen to a lot of rock and funk and just want to hear the sick bass lines better and if needed have it kick. Right now I have a Pioneer DEH-4600mp HU and Pioneer TS-19671r's in the back and Pioneer TS-A1681R's in the front

I was looking into this sub and amp.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2674_M...io+MA101XQ.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...o+BMW-483.html

What I was hoping to do is run this one 10" sub and possibly my speakers through the amp.

If anyone has an opinions or suggestion on what route I should go based on what I want I would love to hear them. Also I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money so keep that in mind fing02.gif
Old 10-26-2007, 02:32 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

well i can tell you that MA audio makes nice subs and they typically hit hard as hell. but that seems like the lowest class of subs they have so be careful to power it correctly and dont abuse it too much as i dont know about how long it will hope up.

i've never heard of nitro amps and frankly by the look of it they spent more money on the way it looks then the way it proabably works. i might try to shop around for something else on the amp tip, this might work for awhile but the quality surely is low and the longevity is very questionable.

i would suggest getting on ebay and buying an amp from either USAMPS if you can afford it or audiopipe is carrying some nice amps as well. possibly a used audiobahn flame series like i have wouldnt be bad either. i got my 1600watt rms amp on ebay for 220 used i met the guy a few citys over and pick it up so i could inspect the quality in person.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

i would personally go with something more recadnizable.. like jk audio, mtx, kenwood, something like is what i would do.. i like brand name stuff and not saying those are cheep but i just wouldnt go for them. i would say get a kenwood amp and maybe a jl audio w3 sub jl audio amps are crazy money and there subs arnt that bad on price.. thats what i would do if i were trying to add some bass and not spend a ton on it
Old 10-26-2007, 04:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Elementaldesigns.com

You wont be dissapointed.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:30 PM

QUOTE (optimoprime @ Oct 26 2007, 04:32 PM)
audiopipe is carrying some nice amps as well.

So would you say something like this would be a decent amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/Audiopipe-Amplifier-15...VQQcmdZViewItem

Also as far as name brand stuff. I know I could always go with them but normally you can find something better for cheaper from a less known manufacturer. Just because they are not name brand doesn't mean they make crap.

As far as the nitro amp I was considering it because it had all the features I would want in it but I have to agree with you optimo that it looks like they spent more time on the looks then they might have on the electronics.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

www.elementaldesigns.com !!!!

But the audiobahn flame amps looks the coolest. I've been keeping my eye open for one for awhile now.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Nex

i think that you need to balance it a little. For example, if you're just looking to amplify you music to sound better, theres no real need to go name brand or w/e. If you're looking to thump the shiz out of your car and the ones next to you the you best go with the good stuff as its less likely to blow out on you.

I bought this real cheap set of two 10"s with their own box and amp for $90. I know the quality of everything in the set isn't top notch but i just wanted an increase on sound performance, not an amazing sound system to amaze all my friends and family and such.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:19 PM

I know elemental designs makes great products for the money but they are a little much.

As nex said I want to increase the performance of my system. The type of music that I listen too isn't all bass thumping stuff. I love listening to sick bassist like Marcus Miller, or Victor Wooten and hearing their sick bass lines. I also like a lot of stuff that Parliament and George Clinton make. When I listen to there stuff on my home computer it sounds amazing because of the sub, I can hear the e string on the bass clearly. When I listen to them in my car I'm disappointed.

Don't get me wrong i love listening to bass thumping music every once in a while...mostly when I want to go party, but I mostly want this sub to basically round out and complete the sound I want to hear, in my car now it sounds like something is missing
Old 10-27-2007, 01:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

your link to the audiopipe amp dosent work. they carry 2 lines of amps a higher and a lower class, they are black and silver. i would either get a low power higher class amp or get a high power lower class amp and match a sub to whatever you can afford.

speakers that have to work hard( move more) to create a sound level will last less or distort or get wear out or what ever you call it (everyone calls it something diffrent.) so in theory if you give a speaker more power it will move less to get to the same level of sound. so when you just have a stock cd player in your car or even just a cheaper/older cd player installed, you want to match speakers to go with it. if you only give 100wattrms speakers 40 watts from the deck, they will have to work alot harder to get loud then what they would if you actually were giving them 100watts. this makes your brand new 100watt speakers wear out quick because they are now having to do more work then they were designed to do.

it would be wiser in that case to just buy some cheap autozone speakers that cant handle much power for the stock/cheap stereo. this way they dont have to work to get loud because they are getting all the power they need so they dont move hardly at all to be pretty loud.

hope that helps man thats how it was explained to me and it made alot of sense.i dont know if i'm conveying the message that well but i know back in the day, i kept wondering why i would go thru interior speakers so fast at first, it was because i wasnt giving them enough power and it killed them.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:27 PM

No I completely understand what your saying. The speakers I got, I got at a good price and they handle a decent amount of power and right now the HU is under powering them, hence why I would rather get an amp to give them more juice instead of spending more money and downgrading my speakers.

Like you were saying I believe the speakers I have now are about 40-50 RMS and 260 peak in the from and like 300 peak in the back. My head unit only puts out 50w peak and probably around 25RMS so there for the speakers they are underpowered and do a lot more work to get the same sound as a say a 20RMS speaker

As for the amp link, I'll try this again
Ebay Audiopipe amp