Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

LED question

Old 02-01-2005, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED question

Hey I'm hooking up LED tubes and I'm wondering if I need to get a fuse in the wire somewhere or if it's okay to just leave them directly wired to the batter trough a switch. It is going to be 4 12" tubes total going through a single switch, and I already have 2 on it and it's fine...will the other 2 still be okay?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:38 AM

Are the tubes running through a relay first and then to the switch or are they going directly to the switch?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

do you have any specifications on the switch?

you have to figure out what kind of current it can handle, and then add up the current of all the tubes. if the tubes are higher, you are going to have to use a relay, unless you like replacing broken switches.

should you fuse it? eh, its up to you. you probably should. just get one of those inline fuse holders and put a fuse that is rated slightly higher than the total of all the neon tubes.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:29 AM

Right now they are hooked up directly to the switch without a relay, offhand I don't know the specs on the switch but I'll go out and check it out in a little bit. Where would I be able to get the inline fuse and relay? Should it be in stock at basically any car audio places?
Old 02-01-2005, 01:41 PM

Radio Shack, Pep Boys, Autozone, Advanced,etc.