Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Lcd Visor Replacements?

Old 11-20-2008, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay, my passenger side visor has been squeaking for some time, and I usually just push on it a bit and it stops for a day. I came to my car the other day and the visor was open, as I often leave it that way in the sun, and the mirror had fallen out and broken, along with the frame, on the floormats.

I need to replace it obviously, but I figured I might as well upgrade as this is a good time to do so.

Who has put on aftermarket LCD Sunvisors here?

What brands have you used? How well did they fit our stock mounts?

I just want all the info I can glean from my fellow RD owners before I go shopping.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I had a set. But I'll be taking them out shortly. All of the plastic mounts broke.

Issues:

A) Visor is THICKER than stock, so the clip that holds them in place needs to stick down further, and didn't so it broke.

B) Because the visor is thicker, the plastic housing would sound like it was cracking when you folded it up, because it would catch the roof.

C) If the clip breaks, the visor will actually swing down infront of you while you drive.

I liked them up until that clip broke off. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure since they're all "universal" the issues will be the same. You might have better luck molding a screen onto your stock visor....which, now that I think about it....I may actually try over the winter......
Old 11-20-2008, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Molding is not for me, I want to get some that fit. They are all "universal" but that doesn't mean they are universally universal.

yeah.

LOL

I've seen several different brands, and I can modify stuff as needed, but I just want to see what folks have had and what fits. Let me know when you remember the brand.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i would go to your local audio shop and look at some of the options and just ask if you can see how well they fit in the stock clip. then after you find what you need either pick it up from them or buy it online cheaper fing02.gif