Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Laptop Audio Output To Car Stereo

Old 01-30-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys..i just wanted to know if theres an easy way to connect the laptop to the car stereo so i can hear the music and etc through my car speakers and not the laptop ones?

Thanks..
Old 01-30-2007, 09:57 PM

well if your car cd has a port to plug an ipod, mp3 player etc in it would be as easy as getting the cable.

if you got a casset like some stockers do then you just need a cd player kit

also if you got audio in ports on your cd player you could just get a mic to analog cable and run that into the back of your head unit....or again if your car has all its speakers hooked up to an amp/amps, like my Neon does, then youd just plug the analogs into the recievers on the amp/s
Old 01-30-2007, 10:20 PM

Hmm..well it doesnt have the cassete player laugh.gif but it doesnt have the external input aswel its just a normal Sony Xplod CD player..I do have an amp but im not sure how i would deal with that one, can you give more info on that one?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:34 AM

well if your head units got the external input then you just need to pick up a minimic/minimic cable from walmart or radeo shack (the kind that has theplugs for cd players on both ends). then plug your lap top in and your ready 2 go.

If you want to plug your lap top into your amp. Youll need to buy a minimic/RCA (sorry i called them analogs cause i couldnt rember RCA :s ) cable

this adapter would work with a set of rca cables
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

or you could get this...crap cant find the link right now....i have one sitting here if you want it.

but anyway, from your computer you plug the minimic in to your speaker output port and then from there you use rcas to conect 2 your ams line in ports.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:53 AM

Go to best buy and look for a FM modulator, it will plug right into the jack on your laptop or mp3 player and all you have to do is tune your radio to a certain station and you can listen to your music, they work quite well and you can use it on any radio you want. This one will work http://cgi.ebay.com/VR3-VRFM2-CD-MP3-DVD-S...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-31-2007, 01:45 AM

haha, how funny id forgoten all about that ^

that would definatly be your easiest solution.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:19 AM

Ohh dang.. i forgot about those too lmao.gif However..wouldnt that drop the quality of the sound since its radio.. :S well first ill try to pull my head unit out and see whats back there..

maybe ill rip off the CD stacker cables cos i dont use that anyway and then i can do the RCAs from the laptop output wink1.gif
Old 01-31-2007, 06:21 AM

the correct term for the cable you are looking for is 1/8" to 1/8" stereo. They are really cheap and will come right out of the headphone jack on the back of your comp and go right into the input on the headunit. I know, I have done it.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:38 AM

Yeah as long as my head unit will have the right input for that cable..ill see if i can get it to work..
Old 01-31-2007, 05:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

if you have rca inputs...

radio shack will have it.