Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Lamborghini type doors

Old 01-07-2002, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lamborghini type doors

Hello everyone. I want to modify my tiburon doors to open like the doors on the lamborghini, has anyone ever inquired about this? I know someone who did their Civic and it cost $2000, just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper price.
Thanks
Old 01-07-2002, 01:27 AM

nope,... you are going to have to pay somewhere in that ballpark. If your planning to have a show car be prepared to do this and more. If not, then why get it?

For the same amount of money you can get your self a nice body kit and spoiler, plus a couple of engine mods.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:35 AM

Well, for those of you that know the Red Green show...

He did do a mod to a car to make gull-wing doors (de-Lorean style) using duct tape and a chainsaw. That cost a lot less than $2000.

On the serious side, if you want that kind of modification to your car, you want it done RIGHT. You can get a hack-job done cheap, but if you are going to go for that kind of thing, get it done right. It's just not worth the problems of getting done cheaply.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:36 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Originally posted by JamieZander:
Hello everyone. I want to modify my tiburon doors to open like the doors on the lamborghini, has anyone ever inquired about this? I know someone who did their Civic and it cost $2000, just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper price.
Thanks

I've done this mod on a couple different cars when I worked for a Hot Rod Shop. Who ever told you that it's only 2 Grand is either A) got it for an insane deal from a friend, or cool.gif is lying about the price. The shop that I worked at charged almost 3 times that just for each side. Also, it takes an extensive amount work and time, so if you plan on doing it...be ready to go without your car for awhile. It's not just a simple little bolt on thing that you do. It consists of welding and alot of fabricating new sheetmetal for the doors to swing up.

It's alot of work and time, but if that's ok with you..then go for it. Good luck!
Old 01-10-2002, 03:40 AM

No my friend got in done on his Civic. I want to go to international automotive to get it done, and I'm not getting it done with duct tape and a hack saw lol. It's not really going to be a ONLY show car, I just love the doors.
Thanks