Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

keyless entry and alarm

Old 02-05-2005, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyless entry and alarm

I was wanting to get keyless entry and an alarm system put on my RD2. How much would this cost? Someone told me it would cost alot more since the car doesn't have automatic door locks already. Just want to know if anyone done this and how much it cost them.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i got mine at installations unlimited and it cost me 350 for alarm and keyless entry(including labor and parts). i didnt have power locks either
Old 02-05-2005, 10:03 PM

u could get like a 90$ kit and do it yourself from ebay, but its PITA!
Old 02-05-2005, 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Kit-Fox)
u could get like a 90$ kit and do it yourself from ebay, but its PITA!

no dont do that...so much can go wrong... youd better be a pro to do it.. and kits price doesnt include the extras, actuators etc. actuators themselves are like 30-40 bucks a pop
Old 02-05-2005, 10:09 PM

I Just got mine done in november for my birthday. I think it was somewhere around 300. Its nice every time i lock my car the alarm is on. And i can set the alarm to how sensitive i want it to be. (also when i get my haloz set up they will blink along w/ the corner lights when locking and unlocking my car)
Also for our cars i believe its less expensive because when you unlock our cars from the inside both doors unlock so you only need 1 of these certain parts instead of 2. (I didn't install it myself but sounded somthing like that.)
Old 02-05-2005, 10:12 PM

QUOTE (01tibby341)
Also for our cars i believe its less expensive because when you unlock our cars from the inside both doors unlock so you only need 1 of these certain parts instead of 2. (I didn't install it myself but sounded somthing like that.)

huh? what certain parts? actuators?
Old 02-05-2005, 10:18 PM

Yes, I think you only need one actuator, for the driver side door. Mine has a Clifford security system and an actuator on the driver side door only. I'm actually about to buy a new one since mine is dead, you can get them for $10 or so on ebay, or $20 at Circuit City.

I'm assuming that, once I replace the bad actuator, hitting lock/unlock on the remote will lock and unlock both doors, since using the key to lock/unlock the driver side will lock/unlock both doors. But not so for the passenger side, which is somewhat annoying. I would love to be able to unlock the passenger side with a key and have both doors unlock. But I don't think that would be easy to do, and I won't need to with the actuator replaced anyway.

That reads a lot more confusing than it really is...
Old 02-05-2005, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I think the keyless entry kit with actuators is $120 at best buy.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:22 PM

QUOTE (fonseca)
Yes, I think you only need one actuator, for the driver side door. .

wrong.. one actuator per door, unless you dont want your pass side door to lock/unlock...sorry

QUOTE (javageek)
I think the keyless entry kit with actuators is $120 at best buy.

i dont think so..i wanted the alarm/keyless entry and they said since i needed the actuators it would be 350-400, the said the actuators alone were 60 a pop... so i went to IU
Old 02-05-2005, 10:30 PM

QUOTE (alex01tib)
no dont do that...so much can go wrong... youd better be a pro to do it.. and kits price doesnt include the extras, actuators etc. actuators themselves are like 30-40 bucks a pop

i would in no way recomend doing it yourself, my point was the kits themselves can be cheap, you can find kits at autozone for like 80$ even lower sometimes, u can find security systems in the 1000's also with like GPS tracking etc, but either way i do recomend getting it installed by a pro. I actualy had my friend do it for me cuz hes a electronics spec and is also a mechanic, soo he knew all the stuff, he also hooked me up with a remote starter, heh, sweet thing on a Tib, even though it warms up realy quick its always nice though.