Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Interior Lighting Problems (gauge + Airunit)

Old 11-16-2007, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a problem with the lighting in both Air Unit and Gauge of my Tiburon RD1. Hopefully someone can help me with some how to knowledge.

First the airunit. All I did was remove it to get my dashboard loose. Didnt touch the lights at all, but then when I attached it all again I noticed the lights didn't work. Now that I removed it again I was looking what could be wrong, but I have no idea. Don't even know how to remove the 2 leds to replace them (it's the two that work with a twist system behind the heater).

Then the Gauge lighting. I have removed the whole cluster and replaced the 5 big lights for 5 leds, but they didnt work, so I tried moving them around a bit, without succes, now I've put back one of the original lights, but that one doesn't work now either :S. Tried a couple of lights now instead of that one, but none seem to work. The other lights still work, the ones I didnt touch (oil, gas, ABS, Parking Break etc). If one wouldnt work I could imagine one being broken or something, but all 5 of them seems a bit to much.

Anyone have any ideas what I can still try to fix it? I'm getting a bit desperate since I only have one week left to get it done and have no idea what could be wrong.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-16-2007, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Check your fuses for sure. Did you make sure all the wiring is intact and not broken? Also, check your dimmer wheel by your left knee.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:58 AM

Do the fuses for the gauge lighting only apply for the backlighting? Also, maybe stupid question, but without a dimmer, would the backlighting still work...because the dimmer is in house when i was testing. Cant try yet, have to wait till tomorrow but im just curious
Old 11-16-2007, 12:03 PM

I don't think they will work without the dimmer. The dimmer is wired in series with the lighting I believe.

Which makes sense since your warning lights are working, just not the backlighting.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I saw this at work (but can't sign in) and wanted to bet 1000 RD bucks that it was the dimmer switch! I had that same problem when doing that same project.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:51 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ is there a way you tested your dimmer switch?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ I didn't test it exactly... It was lying on the floor and my lights didn't work. I connected it and they worked... Does that count as testing? tongue.gif
Old 11-16-2007, 05:31 PM

Sounds like the test was successful. I guarantee it is the dimmer.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Nex

i dunno about the tib but on a Saturn and on my MX-6, if i would disconnect the dimmer, the back lights would take a second to turn on.

it was strange, like it realizes the dimmer switch isnt there so it uses a second route i guess.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

On our cars the lights inside will not work without the dimmer.