Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Interior Lighting

Old 11-27-2007, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some help...badly. FYI, I did search. I don't know anything about wiring for a start. Strike is making some vent halo's so i'll have to figure out how to install those and too a switch or whatever when the time comes but in the meantime. I want to put some neon tubes under the dash, in the door pockets and maybe under the seats. I ended up at walmart and was just looking around and saw a 10'' neon tube for 35 bucks...I was hoping they were cheaper then that so i'm wondering where I should get some neon tubes. Under the dash i'm hoping 10'' would fit if I found some of those, I'm guessing 10 or even 12 would be fine in each door pocket and I'm not sure about the seat's. So could you guys just give me some insight. I don't want any cheap ass plug into the cig lighter or anything like that either. Also don't know anything about wiring switches or where I could put them. I want a switch for the vent halo's and maybe that switch could be visible, mounted somewhere but for just underdash neons maybe the switch could just hang under the dash or somthing. My family bought the car with a remote starter and it's switch is just dangling under the dash so it probably wouldnt be a problem. I could even mount it on the bottom of the dash, it wouldn't be very visible anyways, any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:29 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I could make you 2 of these for $35 + shipping. They would work for under dash lighting. You wire them up to the map lights.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 PM

oznium.com

cold cathode tubes! fing02.gif
Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 PM

Yeah...I don't even know what map lights are, hah. I think I would be better off with just normal neon tubes. That seems to advanced for me and just more of a hassle considering the skills I have.

Thanks Ericy haha, Check out this guy from the oznium video. The second guy...Vid

I'm guessing oznium ship's to Canada and it doesn't cost too much?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:36 PM
DTN

btw... strike told me he stopped making vent halos. I want him to make me another set!

In that case, Ebay would be your best bet mang.

Neons have more wiring then any LEDs that I make.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:36 PM

hey, i've got 3 sets of blue neons for sale... two sets are 9" and one set is 6". They have the cigarette lighter plug but all you have to do is cut it off and tap one wire to a positive and the other to a ground. Could hook them up to their own switch so you can turn them on and off when you want... $25 plus shipping is all i am asking. You could put one 6" in each of the door pockets, and then one 9" under each side of the dash.. and still have two 9" left over. PM me if interested or post in my For Sale post.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Damn, pretty cool that you have some but i'm not sure if cold cathode would be a lot better or if they are just the same. I need to research and hear a bit more from you guys.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:52 PM
DTN

Cold cathode = more advanced neon which does not require heating element and does not ficker as much.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:06 PM

And they are cheap. And they have great customer service there. I got one broken once in the mail and they sent out a new set immediately to me. And its priority mail they use so its super fast. Power and ground is all you need. Just throw a switch in it.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Nov 27 2007, 08:34 PM)
oznium.com

cold cathode tubes! fing02.gif

Oznium.com FTW! I have 4 sets of cold cathodes next to me (8 total cathodes), cost a whopping $25. My LED underdash and seat lighting has been slowly flickering out one by one (pre-wired LEDs...), so I'm replacing them with cathodes instead

I did have one last set of haloz made which I'm selling him. When I finish this work semester I'm going to make time to make you another one DTN.
Speaking of which, Blank_00, I haven't heard anything from you recently? All still ok?

DTN, I've been thinking of doing a "general wiring" DIY, might that be something worthwhile? Just an overview of power, grounds, switches, LEDs (generalizations, not specific wattages, ratings, power requirements, etc) and the like. Possibly connectors and mention soldering. But that might only come after I'm finished working (Christmas timeframe...)